• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A day ride with the wife around Togwotee/Jackson

D

Doonbuggy12

Jul 25, 2011
Horseshoe bend,id
Hi guys, my wife and I are headed out to Jackson for New Years. Staying at the Homewood in Jackson and bringing the sleds with us. We want a great day ride recommendation. Which trailhead to use/trails to take. She sticks mainly to the trails with some playing. We just want a really pretty neat new area to ride. Maybe a trail loop with good scenery and a little off trail? We aren't scared to put on some miles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Brandon

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
My wife and I will be up there at the same time. (Staying in ~Bondurant all week) Our group will be doing the ride to Granite Hot Springs one day and you're welcome to ride along.

Also, if you trailer down to Alpine, you can ride S/E to the box Y ranch, which I think is a fairly neat ride. A bit of out of the way takes you to some really nice riding areas up by Blind Bull warming hut too. Or if we ride from the west, you're again welcome to tag along.

And there's always Tog... Not that I've ever ridden that area.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Get a CDST map. Trailer up to Tog from Jackson, unload at the lot just west of Tog Mountain Lodge. Head south and east, looping back to the lodge at your leisure. You'll get what you're looking for, your wife will love it more than Alpine.

Dec 5, 2015
Wyoming
Alpine and Willow Creek are pretty good areas to go to. I took a clinic last year from Dan up there and the trail riding was nice but there were places to get off the trail and have some fun. Just unload a Grays River road it'll dump you right at one of the main trailheads in Alpine :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features