• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Matryx 850 165 Mods/Accessories?

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I'm compiling a list of mods and accessories for my sled when it comes in. What are your "must haves"? Here's what I'm thinking:

850 RMK Khaos Slash 165
- Silencer (leaning towards an HPS)
- BMP Stage II Snypr Clutch Kit (Mountain)
- Burandt Large Tunnel Bag
- Shovel Pouch
- Handlebar Bag
- BM Fab Front and Rear Bumper
- 3D Logik Adjustable Brake Lever
- Wrap (Anything better or as good as ArcticFX)

Anything I'm missing? Anything I could improve upon?

Thanks!!

Screenshot_20230310_200300_Chrome.jpg

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
After I finally got to ride mine in crazy deep snow I will be adding a billet throttle block of some sort. Had nothing but issues with my throttle sticking. Might look at an RSI non heated one. Has a kill switch built in.
Do a little searching on clutching.

BMP is really good at making calendars and that’s about it…..

If you use the google “search site” function you get great results searching snowest.

Looks like Indy Specialties has a nice kit

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Can. Any flavor will do
Polaris sentry front bumper
Polaris pro taper handlebar bag.
ZRP brake master cylinder guard.
Tunnel bag. I prefer BCA.
SLP blue pink primary spring. 10-66 or 10-68 depending on elevation. 68’s are factory high elevation
SLP purple black driven spring with stock high elevation helix. Straight 44 I think.

Summer plans. Suspension and track, but not necessary. 2.75 155 works amazingly well. I just have a plan…..

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Skip the tunnel pouch. You should have one in your backpack at all times and if you need a 2nd one that often, youre doing something wrong. Spend that money on a good saw. Something from Silky. Likely the Gomboy or the Bigboy if you can fit it

Carramrod

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2011
Kalispell, MT
TRS clutching
Can of choice, I have SLP because I love hot lunch.
TKI brake lever because I’ve broken 2 3D Logik levers
TKI brake resi guard
Powermadd hand guards
Munster throttle(I love mine anyways)
Good bumpers, I went backwoods bmp
Better scratchers
Extra tether
Lots of gas
Few gallons of oil

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
-First thing I’d do is put on sallazz ski dampers.
-Better grips. The stock grips get slick, and are narrow (but heat fast). Something like the odi work good for me!
-I don’t see any benefits swapping the matryx brake lever unless you want a heated option.
-I’ll be re-valving shocks this summer.
-The 850s really benefit with good clutching. Lots of options you can read about.
-exhaust, storage, track options, bumpers ( I only swap the rear), rails (stock bend fast if you leave the ground much), lightweight hood, and on and on…

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
TRS clutching. I have been running his setups for a while now. He is very helpful and is a great resource.
HPS cans are nice along with SLP. After riding may stock 650 around some I kind of like the stock sound. HPS on my 850. The weight savings is worth the can I guess.
Billet Throttle block.
Brake Lever whatever one feels the best. The stock one is awful and is not bent right IMHO. Brake res. protector.
Ski Rubbers.
Rear bumper.
Setup your sled for you bars, shocks and bags. Adjust everything for how you like it for the way you ride and it will make a big difference,

I'm compiling a list of mods and accessories for my sled when it comes in. What are your "must haves"? Here's what I'm thinking:

850 RMK Khaos Slash 165
- Silencer (leaning towards an HPS)
- BMP Stage II Snypr Clutch Kit (Mountain)
- Burandt Large Tunnel Bag
- Shovel Pouch
- Handlebar Bag
- BM Fab Front and Rear Bumper
- 3D Logik Adjustable Brake Lever
- Wrap (Anything better or as good as ArcticFX)
polaris general 1000 accessories
Anything I'm missing? Anything I could improve upon?

Thanks!!
Just trying to decide between the Pro or Khaos in 163 3 inch tracks. Can anyone tell me if u can make the pro as playful in front end as Khaos. I just like the color choices better on the pro but like lots of ski lift. Also anyone know if this new 7 s guage is worth the $1300 seems cool but pricey. Thanks. Also pricing on Khaos I got today with 7 s guage and 163 3" was $22826 OTD. non boost

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
You can make the pro as playful as you want with a longer fts/limiter strap/or eye loop/ or dropping the skid to the lower hole in the front.
Are you in Canada? Is that a 9r? That seems ridiculous for a 23 leftover for almost 23k assuming it’s a 850.

Need a little more details bud

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
TRS clutching and alignment
Billet throttle block with TSS delete
Extra brake handle or one that’s not plastic and going to brake off.
Sallazz king ski rubbers

Those are the things you really need, The rest is just fluff.

M
Aug 30, 2014
NW MT
Can. Any flavor will do
Polaris sentry front bumper
Polaris pro taper handlebar bag.
ZRP brake master cylinder guard.
Tunnel bag. I prefer BCA.
SLP blue pink primary spring. 10-66 or 10-68 depending on elevation. 68’s are factory high elevation
SLP purple black driven spring with stock high elevation helix. Straight 44 I think.

Summer plans. Suspension and track, but not necessary. 2.75 155 works amazingly well. I just have a plan…..
Do you have any pics of your BCA bag mounted?

M
Dec 3, 2018
Skip the tunnel pouch. You should have one in your backpack at all times and if you need a 2nd one that often, youre doing something wrong. Spend that money on a good saw. Something from Silky. Likely the Gomboy or the Bigboy if you can fit it
I don't agree with this. Not only is having to take your avalanche pack off to get to a shovel a pain in the ass, often times its unwise should something slide while your digging. People say they will put their pack back on, but they don't. I personally keep a shovel and probe in my pack and that's pretty much reserved for an emergency. Its far easier and more coinvent to keep your 'stuck' shovel on the sled when it takes 10 seconds to get out and put away and no compromise in slide protection.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I don't agree with this. Not only is having to take your avalanche pack off to get to a shovel a pain in the ass, often times its unwise should something slide while your digging. People say they will put their pack back on, but they don't. I personally keep a shovel and probe in my pack and that's pretty much reserved for an emergency. Its far easier and more coinvent to keep your 'stuck' shovel on the sled when it takes 10 seconds to get out and put away and no compromise in slide protection.
I would second this!!! I always have two shovels, one on the sled and the other on my back. If I get stuck on some nasty sidehill, the last thing I'm doing is pulling my pack off my back. Things happen way to fast and I don't feel like being a statistic.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I am reworking my bags today. I have had it attached to the tunnel in the factory holes with the supplied straps. The problem is the straps don’t pull from the corners so it is hard to get them tight. The bag slides all over the tunnel. I am going to the MTNTK mount and Ski Doo Linq system. Will put some pics when done.

Do you have any pics of your BCA bag mounted?

Premium Features