• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7S

T

tahoe900

Aug 12, 2011
Truckee, CA
we still can't figure it out. we have tried everything. new group rides, made sure sharing is enabled, left groups, cleared all groups, started fresh, left key on, etc...
some sleds can see the groups and join them, but then it only shows that sled in the group, not the others. once in a while, on sled will show another and track it. it is so random.
these are all brand new sleds with build dates middle of last month.
it seems to me like we are missing a step.
ideas?
SAME exact issues happening with my 23' Khaos boost- Following along for more info/resolutions

M
Dec 4, 2010
How many 7S sleds are we talking about 3? 15?

A few things that might be helpful.
1) https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/7sdd-group-ride-operation.1877018/#post-20528144 This thread may be useful to some.
2) It sounds like a problem with radio reception. Are you always using the same sled to create the group? If so, create a different group with a different sled and see if the observed behavior changes (hoping that this will result in group ride mostly working except for sled or two that has hardware/radio issues)
3) Continuing with radio reception issues.... Confirm antenna connectors are tight and free of water, use dialectric grease to keep them free of water.

Note: Trail Tech is now owned by Polaris and is the source for much of the tech that went into the 7S display. Now if Polaris would just allow us to use the polaris maps on the Trail Tech, life would be great :)... I own two sleds with Trail Tech, and one sled with 7S, the group ride functionality has been flawless between the three.

My guess is that you are seeing a couple of radio issues in your group with the 7S and it is confusing the situation.

(BTW, I just thought of this, I think it would be likely the antenna for the trail tech would work for the 7S if there is a supply chain issue with the 7S antenna, as long as the connector is the same)

Mike

N

nelsoj1

Dec 4, 2007
MN
In regards to #3 above, is it only the antenna receptor on the back of the guage or are there others? Where is the antenna located?

Thanks.

M
Dec 4, 2010
The only connection to worry about is the V2V (Group ride) antenna to the gauge.

This video that describes how to swap in a 7S display, shows where the V2V antenna is, starting at about 2:40 into the vid:

Mike

T

tahoe900

Aug 12, 2011
Truckee, CA
little update-

I got a call from polaris yesterday, apparently this is a huge issue right now and they are putting a lot of effort into nailing down the fix. They asked me to send videos of the faulty key switch, etc....

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
little update-

I got a call from polaris yesterday, apparently this is a huge issue right now and they are putting a lot of effort into nailing down the fix. They asked me to send videos of the faulty key switch, etc....
is this the screen not shutting off or is it the not communicating with other sleds? or all of it?

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Have Skidoo Expert 10.7" screen and it's junk compared to 7S. Maybe it'll close in when they figure out how to add maps (without phone tethered), wifi, bluetooth for data, buddy tracking and adding routes/tracks seamlessly.

My 7S works well and I typically connect to 3 groups seamlessly. Only complaint is the upper right toggle (up-down-left-right) button parted company from the display at some point but was easily replaced by dealer.

Also, like chevy_man said.... the Trail Tech Voyager Pro GPS works with Polaris buddy tracking so the doo's in your group can be seen....just get it instead of the expensive doo display

OTM

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm the one sled that continually struggles to connect to the group ride. Probably fails 1 in 5 times. So it works and once in a while does not work. I disconnect the main wire harness on the PTO side and reconnect. That often seems to do it but I'm not 100% sure that is what is fixing the problem.

The 7S is incredible, 4 out of 5 times.

NLViper

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2010
The 7S on my 2022 seems to "freeze" up at random times while riding. It appears to be working normally when you look at it, but then you see there is no RPM, Speed, temp, etc. registering. All readings are just zero.

Some times it comes back on its own. If I shut the machine down using the key and start back up then it normally fixes it for a short time.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
The 7s is such a great tool that is so unreliable. I’m going to spend some money on a repair to see what wrong with these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features