• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 X5 vs. Sinister Direct Comparison - BLOWN MOTOR

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
With the recent release and thus far HUGE success of the new 509 X5 Goggle, we wanted to be the first to take the new and old out of the package, and show you first hand the difference in size and vision.

Shown here, a direct comparison of the original Sinister Goggle, and the ALL NEW Sinister X5 Goggle!

Talk about increasing your visibility, without sacrificing the size of the goggle!! The goggle is 0.5" taller with an upward sloping frame that disappears out of your field of view (509 Calls this the Phantom Frame). This combination essentially does what the foam used to do (block any helmet/goggle gaps). So now its blocked with a positive field of view enhancing lens, rather than wasted with foam. The foam is also thinner. They can get away with this, due to the outrigger system that is also new on this goggle from the older sinister version. The Edge Pressure Outriggers, move the mounting point forward and fix it in one location, along even and consistent back pressure for a BETTER seal with less foam. The thinner foam also aids in better nose breathing, with less pressure on the sinus cavities.

If you have not yet purchased a new set of these goggles, you better get your hands on them quick, as they are flying off the shelves!
BUY YOURS HERE --> http://tinyurl.com/Buy509X5

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding the new and old goggle comparisons!!

#1 in Snowmobile Gear & Customer Service
www.BLOWNMOTOR.com

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Very very funny fellas haha Those are our office managers nails.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Nothin like getting thown off topic huh, Lol

Can you get them in all the same lenz colors?

looks like a good improvement, hopefully I`ll get a chance to make it by the store and check them out.

Wildcard

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Nothin like getting thown off topic huh, Lol

Can you get them in all the same lenz colors?

looks like a good improvement, hopefully I`ll get a chance to make it by the store and check them out.

Wildcard

Most of the lens colors are the same, some have been re-named but still are the same lens tint. They are definitely a huge improvement over years past.

calltrex

Premium Member
Apr 17, 2013
alberta
Is there a description somewhere describing the different color lenses?

Like this color is good for this or that etc..

Ive only ever used smoke tint

Maybe i would try a diferent lense if i knew it was better for certain conditions

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
I have never been that impressed with my 509s (field of vision was terrible). I have had them for a while now along with smith and oakleys. I went down to a show with my helmet and tried the new x5s on. Let just say I have 2 pair of the new 509 X5 on order and sold my current 509s. I have to give 509 credit for listening to their customers and refining these goggles. They did a a nice job on the x5s.

I

insomniac62

Nov 19, 2010
Aberdeen, SD
can you compare them to the aviators please..

mehe3ame.jpg

2011 M8 153"
Boondocker Turbo
KMOD
Built by VOHK

2006 M7 162"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I'm interested in the overall height of the foam from top to bottom between the 2013's and the new x5. On my 2013's I had to add in extra foam right where they have the cut outs on the top corners. I don't like to wear any kind of fask mask so its a must that the foam seals the helmet opening.

I almost always end up modding every pair of goggles I buy. Thanks. Eric

calltrex

Premium Member
Apr 17, 2013
alberta
yesterday i tried on all there new 509 helmets and goggles

any of there helmets and x5 googles fit perfectly like a glove

the carbon fiber helmet is not worth the extra $200. its not that much lighter then there other ones

C

CatmanD

Jan 2, 2012
X5 problem

The 509 fog eliminator fan does NOT fit well in the x5 like it does in the older sinisters. If you attempt to install the fan it pushes the back edge into your forehead making them essentially unwearable.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Not to be a downer but I'm kinda pissed about spending $90 to have the worst goggles I have ever owned!!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Not to be a downer but I'm kinda pissed about spending $90 to have the worst goggles I have ever owned!!!

20131021_200709.jpg

Left scott 89xi
Right sinister x5

When worn, field of view is near identical!
Scott 89 xi wide foam is very comfortable to the face and doesn't fog like the x5's.
The thin crappy foam on the x5's rolls over and the sides have ruff edges and make my face itch until I wiggle the goggles to straighten the foam. 2 out of 6 riders this weekend had serious fogging issues. Those 2 riders were wearing the x5's. The other 4 were wearing klim, dragons, and even $19 bolle goggles from costco. No fogging problems from them!
I haven't had fogging problems before with all of my other goggles. (Scott and smith) and even the 09 sinister isn't this bad!

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Anyone have experience with the fit of the new X5 goggles and the Klim helmet? Gaps? Perfect? Where are the issues if any?

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Anyone have experience with the fit of the new X5 goggles and the Klim helmet? Gaps? Perfect? Where are the issues if any?

I havent ridden with my X5's and my Klim helmet, but here is a photo of some X5's in my Klim F4 along with another picture of Klim Radius goggles in the same helmet.

10871795804_fa5a8d1866_b.jpg

10871685576_bb809369fc_b.jpg

Premium Features