• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

22 850 Matryx khaos trouble starting if you don't get it on the 1st or 2nd pull.

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Hi All,

Have a 22 850 Matryx Khaos. I just started having this problem today. If I don't get it started on the 1st or 2nd pull, it will then take between 20 and 50 pulls! No codes. Not
a problem on the previous 2 days of riding. Only happens when it is at operating temps. Tried WOT but didn't seem to make a difference either
way. Smells like it is rich at idle. Anyone got any ideas?

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
There's some plugs above your clutches. Disconnect the one with the brown wire, start it at WOT. It'll fire up and die. Plug it back in and you'll be good to go.

Idk why it happens but it's a thing. My dealer basically said it's Polaris being Polaris

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Are you trying to crack the throttle at all? Sometimes if they don’t start 1st or 2nd pull just crack the throttle a bit with one hand, and pull it. That has worked for me. I’ve had it flood in the morning on my 2020 850 where I had to unplug the pump, but never on a sled after it’s warmed up

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Well started every time today. Now the fuel pump is starting to whine and got a check engine light. Sled was boggy a couple of times.
I think I'm going to order a fuel pump. Of course my warranty ran out 4 days ago!

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Well started every time today. Now the fuel pump is starting to whine and got a check engine light. Sled was boggy a couple of times.
I think I'm going to order a fuel pump. Of course my warranty ran out 4 days ago!
If I remember correctly…..there was a recall in the 22’s fuel pump. You might want to check with a dealer before purchasing a fuel pump… 🤷🏼‍♂️

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East

4 days ago? Give the dealer a ring, that 4 days might be an opportunity for the dealer to make a customer out of you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
4 days ago? Give the dealer a ring, that 4 days might be an opportunity for the dealer to make a customer out of you.
The dealer already got my money. The Matryx rides nice, but the mod sled I rode for 8 years had less problems. The Bosch fuel pump I bought for that was 1/3 the 735 dollars that
Polaris wants for the part.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
The dealer already got my money. The Matryx rides nice, but the mod sled I rode for 8 years had less problems. The Bosch fuel pump I bought for that was 1/3 the 735 dollars that
Polaris wants for the part.

Thats what i mean. They might do the right thing and cover the pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features