• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Yeti

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Yep. Yeti going back to C3.
When I called it last year, everyone disagreed and said it would never happen. Glad it is. Great crew at C3.
I'm guessing the limited supply of 2023 kits they are selling arejust using up existing kits/parts that came with the buyout. Anxious to see what C3 Yeti bri gw to the table for 2024 and beyond.

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
This is the best news to happen to snow biking in a long time. Now they can go back to developing the product along with the full line of accessories without having to deal with the idiots a Camso. Parts will be WAY easier to come by as well.

M5

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Thanks everyone for your support. It is going to take about 5 weeks to get all the parts back to BC and start making a plan. We will release info as we get it and try to keep everyone informed as much as possible along the way.

We are super excited for this opportunity to continue the brand we started. We have lots of ideas we have been dreaming up for the last 5 years that we are going to take our time to 100% test and prove out before we release anything.

Kevin

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
IMO the 3 inch inch track overloads the motor too much and requires much lower gearing, it helps to get going in bottomless powder but track speed is terrible . The 2.6 track outclimbs the 3 inch with experienced riders in most situations with the available 60ish HP., track speed is everything when understanding the physics at how snow rolls off the paddle tips and compacts creating lift and propulsion. , I suggest a 2.8 center lug with the 2.6 outer lugs and will fit in the current tunnel with the Avid 7 tooth drivers which are a tad smaller than stock. I,m sure minds are thinking at this time what to do next and Yeti is soo refined already its a tough task. there are reasons pro sled riders with turbos prefer the 2.8 track over the 3 inch, simply much higher track speeds creates more lift and in turn allows for a more flickable machine .

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
IMO the 3 inch inch track overloads the motor too much and requires much lower gearing, it helps to get going in bottomless powder but track speed is terrible . The 2.6 track outclimbs the 3 inch with experienced riders in most situations with the available 60ish HP., track speed is everything when understanding the physics at how snow rolls off the paddle tips and compacts creating lift and propulsion. , I suggest a 2.8 center lug with the 2.6 outer lugs and will fit in the current tunnel with the Avid 7 tooth drivers which are a tad smaller than stock. I,m sure minds are thinking at this time what to do next and Yeti is soo refined already its a tough task. there are reasons pro sled riders with turbos prefer the 2.8 track over the 3 inch, simply much higher track speeds creates more lift and in turn allows for a more flickable machine .

I think it depends on snow conditions/density. Where I ride around Big Sky, Montana at 8-10k mostly, the snow is super dry and base often doesn't get very firm. Most years, it seems like its late January or February before the base gets descent. We just really don't get much for wet heavy dense snow. Even in April it seems like it can be pretty dry. Often what base we do get is a crust with sugar underneath.

For these conditions, the 3" absolutely destroys any other kits I've been around. I had an ARO 137 and Mountain Horse 137 but this 3" is a night and day improvement. I ran the ARO 137 and ARO 3 on the same bike as well (19 Husky FX450).

Now for a guy in Washington or California that gets wetter/denser snow, I could see the 120x2.5 being great. The 3" probably spins more on a hard base and it 100% takes more power to spin but it just goes through deep snow and climbs way better in my experience.

Most of the time you can make the 2.5 kits get around and track whore to get up hills, but in my experience the 3" rules.

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
Yes, Byeatts. we all know by now that you love Yeti and have no use for a 3" track ;)
Maybe wherever you live the 3" track is not helpful. That is totally believable. Here in the Kootenays
a 3" track is unbeatable. When spring comes and the snow firms up, a 2-1/2" is great.

A
Nov 14, 2017
Yup - agree with what others are saying about it being dependent on the conditions. I had a 129 CMX 2.5" track on my last aro and in the dry snow of eastern British Columbia it just couldn't hang with the 3" kits everyone else had. It did a darn good job and was more nimble, but on big climbs I had to scab others tracks.

On those hero snow days where the snow was firm though? I loved my track! It was better in those conditions. That was only a couple rides a year though, compared to most of the winter of dry powdery snow.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I live in California, wasn't head to head same bike comparison but my CR500 powered timbersled 137" got its lunch eaten by a 129 450 powered 3". switched bikes and now I am winning on the 450 powered 129 3". The 3" climbed way better than my 500 powered bike with the 137. I am a heavier guy weighing in 265 and up depending on Christmas dinner and that 3" even in our cement just seems to eat. I want the 3"

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Yup - agree with what others are saying about it being dependent on the conditions. I had a 129 CMX 2.5" track on my last aro and in the dry snow of eastern British Columbia it just couldn't hang with the 3" kits everyone else had. It did a darn good job and was more nimble, but on big climbs I had to scab others tracks.

On those hero snow days where the snow was firm though? I loved my track! It was better in those conditions. That was only a couple rides a year though, compared to most of the winter of dry powdery snow.
The CMX does not get on top of the snow ,the front axle is soo low is subermines under the surface in deep powder , We run the cmx 129 side by side and even the skinny Yeti kit had to break trail for the CMX. . But yes the 3 inch will paddle very well in deep its just such slow of track speed its not a fun for our riding style..

Last edited:
A
Nov 14, 2017
The CMX does not get on top of the snow ,the front axle is soo low is subermines under the surface in deep powder , We run the cmx 129 side by side and even the skinny Yeti kit had to break trail for the CMX. . But yes the 3 inch will paddle very well in deep its just such slow of track speed its not a fun for our riding style..

Just to clarify - the CMX track was put on an Aro 120SX with rail extensions.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just to clarify - the CMX track was put on an Aro 120SX with rail extensions.
Thanks i missed that , The CMX track is Super stiff, which hooks up hard in set snow but we all what a stiff track does in powder, The Timbersled 3 inch track does have the optimum track flex for powder .

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
Funny i feel completely opposite. Cmx just flat out spools up and gets right on top of the snow vs the rest of the fleet. Which is why I actually sold my Aro3 and went to a cmx120… now the aro3 was a tractor in the super deep (not taking anything away from that)but a planted and no playfull feel.. cmx120 blows me away on how well it performs in all conditions and the fun factor is wayyyyy more. I got bored of breaking trail on the aro3 on super deep days. Now im okay with letting my buddies on Aro3s break trail and ill be right on their ass wheeling and smiling ear to ear and sometimes actually steal their thunder and pass em right at the top of a pull. Lol

Premium Features