• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 cat. Where is it?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Looking at patent files guys have posted and the design of the new Adapt clutch I would say Cat has something radical planned as far as narrow and with a turbo.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I'm perfectly fine with an NA cat motor. It's everything else that needs a makeover. Poo's 850 still doesn't have as much torque as cat's 800. It's an improvement over polaris' 800 but that thing doesn't even deserve an 8 in front of it.

Cat's 800 runs just fine with skidoo's 850 too imo

Just fyi, if you're looking for an alpha track for twin rails, this thing is close, and they'll trim it to 15" for you. And yes that's just the skidoo track. 3" paddles, 3.5" pitch.

Ive got an 18 Cat with the appropriate add ons. Also a 21 Khaos 850. Mid range to upper on the polaris is stronger. Not sure what the numbers are, but my arm stretch meter says so.

Outside of that, when i close my eyes and go ride, they are pretty similar in feel and function. I can ride both nearly the same. It took some aftermarkets to get it that way though. That part needs addressed by Cat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P
Dec 15, 2018
It took some aftermarkets to get it that way though. That part needs addressed by Cat.

Iam new so forgive my ignorance, what are those "aftermarkets" ?

P
Dec 15, 2018
Ah cool thanks! Well this may be premature but I was just at my dealer and was going to buy a 2022 coming this week. They said artic cat canceled their 2022 orders all together and also said prepare to NOT be able to 2023 snowcheck. He said key word was "prepare " so that could be bad or nothing. But they definitely won't be receiving their 2022 order.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Ah cool thanks! Well this may be premature but I was just at my dealer and was going to buy a 2022 coming this week. They said artic cat canceled their 2022 orders all together and also said prepare to NOT be able to 2023 snowcheck. He said key word was "prepare " so that could be bad or nothing. But they definitely won't be receiving their 2022 order.
Most of the dealers tried to snowcheck under their employees names to have in season stock instead of a true snowcheck by a customer. Cat put the kibosh on this.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Ive got an 18 Cat with the appropriate add ons. Also a 21 Khaos 850. Mid range to upper on the polaris is stronger. Not sure what the numbers are, but my arm stretch meter says so.

Outside of that, when i close my eyes and go ride, they are pretty similar in feel and function. I can ride both nearly the same. It took some aftermarkets to get it that way though. That part needs addressed by Cat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
^^ exactly. Cat has a great running 800. The 21 polaris is deceiving. It is more mid to upper end. The 22 matryx is way better.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I'm perfectly fine with an NA cat motor. It's everything else that needs a makeover. Poo's 850 still doesn't have as much torque as cat's 800. It's an improvement over polaris' 800 but that thing doesn't even deserve an 8 in front of it.

Cat's 800 runs just fine with skidoo's 850 too imo

Just fyi, if you're looking for an alpha track for twin rails, this thing is close, and they'll trim it to 15" for you. And yes that's just the skidoo track. 3" paddles, 3.5" pitch.

Cat 800 runs good, and the Alpha will climb right with or past the 850s… but seat of the pants I still think both 850s feel considerably stronger.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I want a new chassis as much as the next guy. But think how they've used a ton of current parts on this chassis for years and are still having a ton of supply issues. I just don't see them being tooled up enough to supply parts for a new chassis. I wouldn't want them to underdeliver and have everyone order a new chassis to just wait until Feb/march next year to get them.
For their own sake they need to release something, even if they can only build a few hundred of them. Get something decent on the snow, let social media do its thing, and be ready to build a bunch come 2024.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i agree they should try and release something. they have them designed already, people will buy them and be first year guinea pigs put out 100 or whatever then hype the **** out of them. i love cat sleds its all ive had but the marketing dept has to get there head out of there ass and push the features the sleds have. Cats tunnels have been shorter than axys or pros for over ten years but now its a revolution when the other manufacturers make short tunnels. etc etc.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
oh yeah

it's also a royal pain in the ass to even buy the things anymore!

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
My hope is that the last couple years textron has been taking it slow to be able to raise up the capital to be able to roll something amazing out.

They do have the tech to play with more carbon fibre. It’s the next step and sleds I believe.

They really need to focus on the marketing.
Cat has an amazing chassis with unbelievable tech.
Everyone things skidoo start the short tunnel or that Polaris was the first with a bearing in the primary or that they are the first to have mountain specific panels.
Or even the short heat exchanger ?‍♂️

Does anyone know the release dates not just for cat. But any other manufacturer.
Seems this year everyone is pretty quiet

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Everyone else took it to a whole new level. By that reasoning they should be so far ahead of everyone and on to the next big thing while everyone else catches up. That is not the case.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My hope is that the last couple years textron has been taking it slow to be able to raise up the capital to be able to roll something amazing out.

They do have the tech to play with more carbon fibre. It’s the next step and sleds I believe.

They really need to focus on the marketing.
Cat has an amazing chassis with unbelievable tech.
Everyone things skidoo start the short tunnel or that Polaris was the first with a bearing in the primary or that they are the first to have mountain specific panels.
Or even the short heat exchanger ?‍♂️

Does anyone know the release dates not just for cat. But any other manufacturer.
Seems this year everyone is pretty quiet
? taking it slow, not selling anything… to raise up capital. Makes sense if you don’t think about it.

Premium Features