• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 dead lynx

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Anybody had this issues. Check engine flashed. Rev limit flashed. Shot start quit working. Sled will start but runs until the check engine flashes again then kills. Won't rev passed 4,000 rpm. I had to leave it in the mountains as only my brother and I were sledding and we couldn't get it up one last hill to a point that it was pretty much all down hill. Going first thing in the morning with help to pull it home.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Well we made it out. 4-1\2 hours. Used two sleds to pull it until it was down hill mostly. We were in rock creek right by Mt. Jefferson in island park. We rode up Yale creek and we took it out duck creek down the waterfall. Little sketchy riding along the base of all those shoots along Jefferson. Had to ride over two avalanche run out sections by Jefferson and one in duck creek. off to the dealer this week. There is a lot of snow. In rock creek I pushed the probe in plus my arm and never hit the ground. That is 11 feet.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Well we made it out. 4-1\2 hours. Used two sleds to pull it until it was down hill mostly. We were in rock creek right by Mt. Jefferson in island park. We rode up Yale creek and we took it out duck creek down the waterfall. Little sketchy riding along the base of all those shoots along Jefferson. Had to ride over two avalanche run out sections by Jefferson and one in duck creek. off to the dealer this week. There is a lot of snow. In rock creek I pushed the probe in plus my arm and never hit the ground. That is 11 feet.
Ya but you have short arms so 10 1/2 feet. Haha

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Called dealer and they think the Throttle position sensor is bad. Said they have replaced quite a few this year with the same symptoms as mine. Taking it in tomorrow and they said they would have it fixed by Thursday.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
It isn't the TPS. Dealer changed the fuel pump. Still got the rev limit warning. Started checking around and the stator is bad. Supposed to have a new stator by Friday. I really like current sleds but the electronics kinda suck. Especially since covid.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Got the sled back yesterday and took it for a ride. Ran great. I'm glad it still has warranty. I usually ride a sled for about four years and get a new one. works great with a 4 year warranty. But with the newer sleds with two year warranty I may have to start trading more often. Everything was covered under warranty and I'm glad because the invoice was just over $3,000. Post covid electronics kinda suck and I would not be a happy consumer spending 3,000 on a two year old sled. Plus worrying about being stranded in the back country. If my sled would have died 15 minutes earlier it would have been a helicopter ride out.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Well, if you knew what the trouble was (next time?) it would have been easier to take a stator back in and replace in the bush.

Stators have always been a liability.
2str, 4str, Yellow, Green, Purple ... Can't say about Blue or Red
IDK why?
Always hot environment?
Built light to save weight?

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Rode today. Sled ran great. Hopefully all the electrical issues are resolved. Replaced the pipe sensor, fuel pump and stator this year. I ran the avalanche probe in and there is still 74" of snow. It is going to get harder to get to the snow pretty quick though. The wind blown cornices are starting to break and avalanche. Pretty nasty one at lake Cleveland. There was a chunk as big as a four place trailer.

IMG_6901.jpg

Premium Features