• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 850 N/A reflash to 2023/4 map

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ll be curious if you notice any power changes. My dealers intentionally left the brake flash off my sled and although I’m not against it, if it ain’t broke why fix it.

The one update I’m curious of, is the 7s update. The 24’ screens look different and that’s one thing I like updating

I rode over the weekend. Yes I noticed a power difference. Pulled harder through rpm range. I never said anything to a buddy that jumped on it. When he gave it back he said this is a different sled what did you do?
The new clutch performs way better also. I could never get over 7800 7900. If I did it would slow down rpms back to 7600. This new one is now over revving I think. I hit 8550 on a straight run. But it’s smoother and definitely performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I rode over the weekend. Yes I noticed a power difference. Pulled harder through rpm range. I never said anything to a buddy that jumped on it. When he gave it back he said this is a different sled what did you do?
The new clutch performs way better also. I could never get over 7800 7900. If I did it would slow down rpms back to 7600. This new one is now over revving I think. I hit 8550 on a straight run. But it’s smoother and definitely performs.

Interesting. The new recall replacment p85?

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
8550?? Maybe becaue you were riding in grass? :ROFLMAO:

I just flashed my ecu with the Silber handheld. Was simple and took maybe 3 min with my dial up wifi. Will report back if it every snows

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
8550?? Maybe becaue you were riding in grass? :ROFLMAO:

I just flashed my ecu with the Silber handheld. Was simple and took maybe 3 min with my dial up wifi. Will report back if it every snows

No grass riding bud. There is some snow to ride when you live near mountains, not great snobby snow riding, but good enough to still be fun.

I was considering that Silber flash. I had it on my Cat and thought it crisped it up nicely. I think I’ll throw some heavier weights in and give it another go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
In Ohio I basically only ride grass until I travel out west or up to the Chic Chocs

That's good to hear on the Silber.

E

Eatstone

Jan 23, 2021
East Kootenay

Is it possible you notice the power cause you can now hit and hold higher/ peak rpm with the new clutch? It was neutered before when you couldn’t hit 82-8400.

I just dropped mine off for the refresh. I don’t have rpm issues though. Hits 83ish no problem with stock clutch and stock or TRS internals.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Is it possible you notice the power cause you can now hit and hold higher/ peak rpm with the new clutch? It was neutered before when you couldn’t hit 82-8400.

I just dropped mine off for the refresh. I don’t have rpm issues though. Hits 83ish no problem with stock clutch and stock or TRS internals.

That is true and exactly what was happening with clutch returned. But, midway through last year I removed that clutch and put a balanced clutch on from my other sled and it ran perfect the rest of the season.

E

Eatstone

Jan 23, 2021
East Kootenay
So I got my sled back from getting reflashed to latest n greatest. Ride in @ -25 Celsius and after about 10km it sputter and stalled just about sending me over the bars at 50ish km/hr. Go to pull start and rope won’t pull it over. Great, motor just locked up. Was running cool at 108F on the trail. Pulled the side panels off and I could spin the primary by hand. Got it started after 5 min rest. No problems for the rest of the day. Not sure if it was a placebo effect but it does feel stronger pull on the arms.

caf44b8b-d37c-4758-bb57-5500ccc116d5.jpeg8fc0e962-9199-4a7a-a87c-cc75e1620666.jpeg

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ve been out on it again, in much deeper snow. Mine definitely runs better. Have a 21 also and I thought it had better pull. Now it’s the other way around.

E

Eatstone

Jan 23, 2021
East Kootenay
So sad news for me today. After a stellar ride through champagne powder on Thursday (first ride with update) my motor locked up 3 miles from the truck. It felt much stronger pulling on the arms and I was very happy.. I’m trying hard not to blame the flash. 852 trouble free miles till today. Just about went over the bars when it locked up.

Premium Features