• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I imagine being a Polaris rep at the Denver snow show next weekend is going to be miserable.
As it should be, Polaris should not be allowed to cop out of their responsibility to customers like this.
There should not have been a recall notice issued until a fix and parts were available!

N
Feb 9, 2019
Hatcher Pass Polaris says "repair kits" are tentatively scheduled to ship to dealers from Polaris by October 15th. They ask affected sled recall owners to contact them to "get on the list" for scheduling the repair. Does anyone know just what this "repair kit" comprises of?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Hatcher Pass Polaris says "repair kits" are tentatively scheduled to ship to dealers from Polaris by October 15th. They ask affected sled recall owners to contact them to "get on the list" for scheduling the repair. Does anyone know just what this "repair kit" comprises of?
Yes, replace the fuel pump. Took Polaris reps 2 hours per sled to replace. Do the math and you'll soon realize that they will not have enough fuel pumps, or time, to update all sleds right away. So, if you give your dealer lots of business, you best get on the list asap. The rest of us are screwed. However, I wouldn't sweat it. In the ultra rare chance that your sled blows up, your insurance will very likely still cover it. Unfortunately, your balls might not recover so well.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Sorry, but that's incorrect. Insurance companies cannot deny such a claim. They can raise your rates or decide to not renew your policy afterward, but by law they cannot deny the claim.

That is the general rule. However, look at your policy to know for sure.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yes, replace the fuel pump. Took Polaris reps 2 hours per sled to replace. Do the math and you'll soon realize that they will not have enough fuel pumps, or time, to update all sleds right away. So, if you give your dealer lots of business, you best get on the list asap. The rest of us are screwed. However, I wouldn't sweat it. In the ultra rare chance that your sled blows up, your insurance will very likely still cover it. Unfortunately, your balls might not recover so well.
no kidding some dealers prob have 1k+ sleds to do

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Curious to see if my dealer wants to hire a guy to just do those. Get my own and buddies sleds done then dip! lol

It is unfortunate, with already insane work loads many dealers aren't even accepting sleds until Nov 1st to work on due to huge ATV UTV demand, that leaves 1 month before riding zones open up. Going to be a wild fall.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Curious to see if my dealer wants to hire a guy to just do those. Get my own and buddies sleds done then dip! lol

It is unfortunate, with already insane work loads many dealers aren't even accepting sleds until Nov 1st to work on due to huge ATV UTV demand, that leaves 1 month before riding zones open up. Going to be a wild fall.
Yeah my hope is I can get in by Christmas. Frankly I care more about the filter sock fix than the pump. Sled is howling occasionally . Gonna ride regardless.

Last edited:
U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
You can schedule an appointment at your dealer online though ride command. I scheduled an appt and they reached out to find out for what. I told them I was hoping the recall fix would be in by the time my appt came up and they gave me the thumbs up

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Yes, replace the fuel pump.
where did you get this information? you are the only person on any forum, website, internet group, etc... that has said this and seems to be so sure about it.
please enlighten the rest of us and show us the direct information please

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Rough to be a Polaris dealer right now. 10 years of sleds that need a stop ride recall then the couple other 2022 recalls. Now add in the sxs and other product line recalls. Dealers are going to need a dedicated team to get everything done in a timely manor.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
A little birdie told me . . .
The issue of static charge/discharge is when the fuel pump is not covered with fuel, and the ambient temperature is warm.
If the fuel pump is covered with fuel - tank at least 1/3 full - and the temp is cold, there is really not an issue.
So, dont store your sled in the summer with an almost empty fuel tank. If you do, fill it up before starting it.

I am thinking the Stop Ride was probably more of a CYA than an imminent danger. Unless, of course, a person stored their sled with little/no fuel and wants to start it during the summer.

HunterMcC1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 6, 2011
Girdwood, AK
DAD16A9A-E8DB-4DB8-ACEA-113CAC4EB325.png
Not that it matters too much for timeline… but Polaris updated the 2022 Fuel Pump part number(s) to the fuel pump that’s coming on the 9Rs… unfortunately… not for sale yet

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
where did you get this information? you are the only person on any forum, website, internet group, etc... that has said this and seems to be so sure about it.
please enlighten the rest of us and show us the direct information please
Exactly. Jesse James posted a video yesterday saying Polaris Engineers told him it is NOT the fuel pump lol

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Will insurance really cover it if a stop ride notice has been issued? Kind of doubt it.
My thought would be prove that I knew about the stop ride. There is no way to prove that you got the letter in the mail. Maybe they don't even have your current address on file. A good portion of the Axys model sleds are probably on there 2nd or 3rd owners. And I highly doubt the new owners info was updated with Polaris.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
My thought would be prove that I knew about the stop ride. There is no way to prove that you got the letter in the mail. Maybe they don't even have your current address on file. A good portion of the Axys model sleds are probably on there 2nd or 3rd owners. And I highly doubt the new owners info was updated with Polaris.

To confirm this.....

I bought my 2017 AXYS RMK from a Polaris dealer used in 2019. I have not received anything from Polaris about this recal / stop ride to date. And this was from a large Polaris dealer in the area.

Premium Features