• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 snow check has shipped

C
Feb 23, 2020
Went from a RMK 600 to a 2021
850 163 3” QD2. Wow I think it’ll be a good season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
995d2e3ae35bc4bb3f78327d3c0f8e4b.jpg

J
Mar 19, 2008
They are shipping without shock to get out of the $500 is my bet. Complete bs

Can someone remind me of the date that was promised?
I have not heard a thing about my sled shipping. Starting to get seriously pissed.
At what point can we tell them they can keep them, get our money back, and buy something else.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Going to be alot of emails going out Nov30. I was told 1 week for shipping. Time will tell. Got snow, but it's still early season. Probably save me some parts.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I haven't even received a shipment notification email yet. I'm a little disappointed as our early season snowpack is getting pretty good and I'm wanting to break my sled in before I add the turbo.

W
Nov 18, 2020
Polaris didnt send me a email... Ive been phoning the dealer and they can look at your order and see a estimated delivery. I think polaris just sends a email when it ships from the factory.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
We are seeing sleds slowly but steadily trickle in this week. It seems like they are rolling, so that's encouraging.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Are the dealers going to fight for customers to get their $500 gift cards if the sleds are shipped without shocks and customers have to wait past Dec. 1st for a complete sled?

Spoke with my dealer about this just last night. The short answer is yes. For people who’s sleds are being shipped right near the deadline with no shocks, the dealers are pushing for the $500 gift card because they still can’t ‘deliver’ a sled to the customer.

The long answer is - don’t be a jerk to your dealer as they are caught in the middle of this mess too. Yes, it’s frustrating but.. being a a$$hole to your dealer isn’t helping your case.

Sounds like some Canadian snowchecks just arrived this week and shock tracking information is supposed to be out to those dealers before end of the week. Sounded like the 165 sleds were the bulk of the shipment from what my dealer tells me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Are the dealers going to fight for customers to get their $500 gift cards if the sleds are shipped without shocks and customers have to wait past Dec. 1st for a complete sled?
Don't know if we have any sleds that will fall in to that category, so we will cross that bridge when/if needed. Generally speaking that would seem a reasonable ask.

But for dealers in 2020....just add ad it to the list of things that are late, backordered, never coming, delayed shipping, shipping strikes, lost in shipping, delayed at port, production cancelled, missing parts, no ETA, and on, and on, and on. You can call people and punch in tracking numbers till your fingers bleed....doesn't make any difference.

$500 dealio aside.....if the sleds (or shocks) are a week or 2 late, but the order is filled in full....I hate to say it, but that's as good as it gets by 2020 standards in this (and most other) industries. I've got people waiting on power equipment that's 6 months+ late, so a couple weeks falls in to the "boo hoo" category LOL

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Don't know if we have any sleds that will fall in to that category, so we will cross that bridge when/if needed. Generally speaking that would seem a reasonable ask.

But for dealers in 2020....just add ad it to the list of things that are late, backordered, never coming, delayed shipping, shipping strikes, lost in shipping, delayed at port, production cancelled, missing parts, no ETA, and on, and on, and on. You can call people and punch in tracking numbers till your fingers bleed....doesn't make any difference.

$500 dealio aside.....if the sleds (or shocks) are a week or 2 late, but the order is filled in full....I hate to say it, but that's as good as it gets by 2020 standards in this (and most other) industries. I've got people waiting on power equipment that's 6 months+ late, so a couple weeks falls in to the "boo hoo" category LOL

Yeah a week or two delay is understandable ... only pain in the testicles is the fact that some dealers are sitting on their in season / showroom / demo khaos sleds while a bulk of the snowcheck customers are diddling their thumbs and being taunted by their skidoo buddies with their fresh turbos in the pow lol

oh well .. we shall wait .. won't be long now ... probably saved me an a-arm or two honestly.... $500 would be nice if it pans out .. i'll be sure to ask for that nicely :)

T
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah a week or two delay is understandable ... only pain in the testicles is the fact that some dealers are sitting on their in season / showroom / demo khaos sleds while a bulk of the snowcheck customers are diddling their thumbs and being taunted by their skidoo buddies with their fresh turbos in the pow lol

oh well .. we shall wait .. won't be long now ... probably saved me an a-arm or two honestly.... $500 would be nice if it pans out .. i'll be sure to ask for that nicely :)

The dealers can’t sell sleds they don’t have. Snowcheck sales are already committed aside from the few people who back out and it’s never hard to sell a snow check.

Polaris and the dealers profit more by having inventory to sell. They can’t have their fancy showrooms sitting empty.

This year whether it’s RV’s or boats, ATV/SXS and sleds have moved more inventory than probably any year. Every dealer for the last six months as said the same thing. Very few of them will care about your disappointment.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
For information's sake - had a review and the wording in the program ONLY speaks to the snowmobile having SHIPPED no later than Nov 30th. As in left the factory, on a truck. It specifically makes no guarantee of DELIVERY timing. And contains no mention of (lets call it) "riding by" or "pick up" timing, or anything parts related.

The program itself is specifically called the "shipment guarantee." So it's pretty clear IMO.

Again, strictly for information's sake - I'm not saying that's good, bad, right, wrong or otherwise.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
For information's sake - had a review and the wording in the program ONLY speaks to the snowmobile having SHIPPED no later than Nov 30th. As in left the factory, on a truck. It specifically makes no guarantee of DELIVERY timing. And contains no mention of (lets call it) "riding by" or "pick up" timing, or anything parts related.

The program itself is specifically called the "shipment guarantee." So it's pretty clear IMO.

Again, strictly for information's sake - I'm not saying that's good, bad, right, wrong or otherwise.

Yes but a sled without shocks is not a "complete" snowmobile. It is" part" of a snowmobile. If what you're saying is valid than they should have written it like this: "Polaris will provide a $500 gift certificate if less than 90% of your snowmobile is shipped by November 30th."

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I kind of disagree.

You paid for the whole sled, the manufacturer should provide a "whole" sled. If they are shipping early minus some key parts just to get out of the $500 guarantee, they are bypassing the agreement.
I was hoping they were getting the "big" part of the shipping taken care of when they may have trucking pre-arranged and the shocks can be sent later in smaller delivery options. I don't think this gets them out of the agreement that they are shipping you a complete sled. If this is the case, then the last parts leaving for "delivery" should be the defining date for shipment and financial penalty.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yes but a sled without shocks is not a "complete" snowmobile. It is" part" of a snowmobile. If what you're saying is valid than they should have written it like this: "Polaris will provide a $500 gift certificate if less than 90% of your snowmobile is shipped by November 30th."
Again, can't speak for them, just thinking out loud - the program was written in February (or earlier), and likely no one thought common parts would be missing come November....so there is no mention of complete/incomplete, or otherwise. Never happened before; it would be a strange clause to have in there. BUT....2020 has thrown some curveballs since February....and I can't say what they may/may not do, as it's an unprecedented situation. Just sharing the wording of the "shipment guarantee" for whatever it's worth.

Logically, it holds water to ship the sleds if they are built minus one item. It's MUCH quicker to ship parts than sleds, so the fastest way to get them in the consumers hands would be to send units out as they roll off the line, and then send/drop ship the parts ASAP. So I wouldn't jump to conclusions that they would be trying to send them out to bail on the shipment guarantee....but more to keep the process as quick as possible.

Last edited:
C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Again, can't speak for them, just thinking out loud - the program was written in February (or earlier), and likely no one thought common parts would be missing come November....so why would there be mention of that? Never happened before; it would be a strange clause to have in there. BUT....2020 has thrown some curveballs since February....and I can't say what they may/may not do, as it's an unprecedented situation. Just sharing the wording of the "shipment guarantee"

A good company, and a good dealer should look at this and see that they are falling short of the guarantee that they made in the interest of securing pre-orders - regardless of the finite details of the wording.

The nov 30th guarantee is a worst case scenario, anyone who pays a deposit for a sled in Feb/March/April is a dedicated customer who is putting up money to guarantee product when the season starts. For most of us in the west the season is rideable by mid November.

To start dissecting the wording when a sled is shipped out nov 25 with no shocks is bad business.

If they weren’t trying to dodge the deadline they would do one of 2 things in my mind.

1- keep the sleds at the factory and ship them with the shocks on a pallet on the same truck once they’re in stock.

2- ship the sleds as they are finished builds and send the shocks out on fedex later.

If they aren’t trying to dodge the guaranteed ship date then why did they let so many built sleds accumulate at the factory before deciding to rush them all out right before the deadline???

Premium Features