• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 snow check has shipped

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Again, can't speak for them, just thinking out loud - the program was written in February (or earlier), and likely no one thought common parts would be missing come November....so there is no mention of complete/incomplete, or otherwise. Never happened before; it would be a strange clause to have in there. BUT....2020 has thrown some curveballs since February....and I can't say what they may/may not do, as it's an unprecedented situation. Just sharing the wording of the "shipment guarantee" for whatever it's worth.

Logically, it holds water to ship the sleds if they are built minus one item. It's MUCH quicker to ship parts than sleds, so the fastest way to get them in the consumers hands would be to send units out as they roll off the line, and then send/drop ship the parts ASAP. So I wouldn't jump to conclusions that they would be trying to send them out to bail on the shipment guarantee....but more to keep the process as quick as possible.
I thought they added that after the pandemic was a very real deal in North America? I could be incorrect.

None the less it states you will get the $500 if your SNOWCHECK ORDER(Not 95% of your snowcheck order- the shocks are unarguably part of that order) doesn't leave the factory by Nov 30th. They need to honor that- pandemic or no pandemic.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
A good company, and a good dealer should look at this and see that they are falling short of the guarantee that they made in the interest of securing pre-orders - regardless of the finite details of the wording.

The nov 30th guarantee is a worst case scenario, anyone who pays a deposit for a sled in Feb/March/April is a dedicated customer who is putting up money to guarantee product when the season starts. For most of us in the west the season is rideable by mid November.

To start dissecting the wording when a sled is shipped out nov 25 with no shocks is bad business.

If they weren’t trying to dodge the deadline they would do one of 2 things in my mind.

1- keep the sleds at the factory and ship them with the shocks on a pallet on the same truck once they’re in stock.

2- ship the sleds as they are finished builds and send the shocks out on fedex later.

If they aren’t trying to dodge the guaranteed ship date then why did they let so many built sleds accumulate at the factory before deciding to rush them all out right before the deadline???

No idea, just participating in the discussion. Thought the wording might be good info to have. Was wrong lol

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
The dealers can’t sell sleds they don’t have. Snowcheck sales are already committed aside from the few people who back out and it’s never hard to sell a snow check.

Polaris and the dealers profit more by having inventory to sell. They can’t have their fancy showrooms sitting empty.

This year whether it’s RV’s or boats, ATV/SXS and sleds have moved more inventory than probably any year. Every dealer for the last six months as said the same thing. Very few of them will care about your disappointment.

While this is a true statement, a disappointed customer will think twice about snowchecking next year .. if they care about their dedicated customers who put money down in March, they would make it right to them by .. i dunno .. maybe a $500 parts voucher lol

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
While this is a true statement, a disappointed customer will think twice about snowchecking next year .. if they care about their dedicated customers who put money down in March, they would make it right to them by .. i dunno .. maybe a $500 parts voucher lol

A parts voucher that actually “COSTS” polaris somewhere in the neighbourhood of $150 If you remove polaris and dealer markup. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
A good company, and a good dealer should look at this and see that they are falling short of the guarantee that they made in the interest of securing pre-orders - regardless of the finite details of the wording.

The nov 30th guarantee is a worst case scenario, anyone who pays a deposit for a sled in Feb/March/April is a dedicated customer who is putting up money to guarantee product when the season starts. For most of us in the west the season is rideable by mid November.

To start dissecting the wording when a sled is shipped out nov 25 with no shocks is bad business.

If they weren’t trying to dodge the deadline they would do one of 2 things in my mind.

1- keep the sleds at the factory and ship them with the shocks on a pallet on the same truck once they’re in stock.

2- ship the sleds as they are finished builds and send the shocks out on fedex later.

If they aren’t trying to dodge the guaranteed ship date then why did they let so many built sleds accumulate at the factory before deciding to rush them all out right before the deadline???

At this point we are just a bit cranky because we are missing out on riding but there we really don't know if Polaris has our interests in mind or theirs regarding the gift certificate. The reason that the sleds might be waiting to the last minute may simply be that they are giving their supplier the maximum time to deliver, so they don't have to pay for 2 shipments and then burden the dealers with extra work.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Well Nov 30th hasn't passed yet, so it doesn't really matter yet. I just hope mine is built well and not pieced together here and there. I am also waiting. Would be happy to get the $500 at this point. Not much snow here anyways. More concerned with quality over a couple weeks of early season riding. Saving money on a arms right now is a bonus.

T
Nov 11, 2008

I hadn’t snowchecked since 2012, it was my last Doo oddly enough. Inseason models for the next four sleds. Pricing made a big difference this year for the sled I wanted out of the crate vs buying something and changing it.

Next time I will definitely be one of the guys considering a holdover or inseason model but there will always be snow check guys and many of them don’t care if they miss a week or two riding because they only ride 20-25 days a season anyways. I know too many guys who love to ride and they put in 6-8 days a season with brand new sleds. So the manufacturers don’t feel any negative effects of a couple of us disappointed schmucks.

Shoot I have already bought an hold over sled this year (last week) and still have a snowcheck on the way. No dealers bending over backwards either.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
My sled arrived at my dealership yesterday, received my email from Polaris this morning with a shipped date of Nov 19th. Not sure why the shipped email was so delayed. My sled currently has no shocks but they have also shipped and are slated to arrive mid next week. For me Polaris lived up to their promise of everything shipped by Nov 30th.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
My sled arrived at my dealership yesterday, received my email from Polaris this morning with a shipped date of Nov 19th. Not sure why the shipped email was so delayed. My sled currently has no shocks but they have also shipped and are slated to arrive mid next week. For me Polaris lived up to their promise of everything shipped by Nov 30th.

Where in BC are you ?
Mine got shipped on the 20th ... My dealer says he can't track the shipment as polaris is using multiple companies or something .. but this gives me hope that mine will probably arrive this week :)

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
If someone has an inside line on actual numbers once all is said and done, I'd love to hear it. I really want to showcheck a sled at some point, but it'd only be worth it to me if I'm looking at the sled in my garage, anxiously waiting for snow, not the other way around. Even a well-run company will run into issues beyond their control here and there, and there'll be at least a few isolated cases every year, but things crop up every year and I wonder if Poo could be doing a better job. Guessing that's inside information, so I know I'm asking for something I may not get, but it would be really nice to know how many snowcheck sleds aren't delivered on time (and a sled without shocks obviously falls into that), and what the average delivery date is. Otherwise, it's pretty hard to tell if the "problem" is real, or just a few isolated cases complaining anywhere they can.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
khaos 165 has finally shipped sunday at 9am.. with no front shocks. Dealer is gunna pull them off one of there 2021 khaos 155s sitting in the showroom!!

Anyone else receive this email yet.. still no email about the sled, but $500 that CAN’T be used towards the sled purchase is on its way.. lol

98b5cf9df55e6221a635662cdacc43be.jpg

W
Dec 16, 2018
Went to go pay for my snowcheck today and chose the 4 year warranty as is offered in the promotion...the salesman said that it would cost an extra $700CDN for the 4 year warranty. Anyone else run into this?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
For Canada, the 2 choices for Snowcheck programs are .... A) 4 year warranty or B) 2 year warranty + $700 in free options (basically a $700 rebate).

So it would depend how the sled was priced/deal was made. It would not cost $700 (or anything) over MSRP to ad the warranty on a SC sled, for the original SC client.

Premium Features