• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris RMK

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Lots of inventory in Midwest and I imagine the Northeast as well with the inconsistent weather. These are the 2 prime areas where the OEMs need to move sleds, I imagine as much as they want to push back on rebates and financing they are going to have to do something to help dealers move product.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Would be nice if Polaris would quit forcing sleds on dealers, especially ones here in the Midwest... my dealer mostly sells atvs and utvs, and snowchecks a few sleds each year (under 15 most of the time I would guess). They are currently sitting on a pile of 2020 800s... and there is almost zero incentive to buy an 800 over an 850. On top of that almost nobody here buys sleds after the first of the year, so they will all either end up down the road to another(larger) dealer or on the floor in 2021 overpriced and collecting dust. Not good for anyone.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
Would be nice if Polaris would quit forcing sleds on dealers, especially ones here in the Midwest... my dealer mostly sells atvs and utvs, and snowchecks a few sleds each year (under 15 most of the time I would guess). They are currently sitting on a pile of 2020 800s... and there is almost zero incentive to buy an 800 over an 850. On top of that almost nobody here buys sleds after the first of the year, so they will all either end up down the road to another(larger) dealer or on the floor in 2021 overpriced and collecting dust. Not good for anyone.

M&M lawn and leisure in MN still has brand new 2018 pro RMK’s they can’t move.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Seems kinda silly for a dealer in MN to ever have a single sled by the label of RMK. Right? Am I the crazy one here?
Sorry, you're the crazy one. It actually wouldn't surprise me if more RMKs are sold in Minnesota than in any other state (not including rental shops). Seems everyone I meet in the mountains is from Minnesota. I'm one of them and have at least 1 RMK in the garage at any given time.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I’m from min also and we have 3-5 Rmk’s in my garage all bought from them

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Seems kinda silly for a dealer in MN to ever have a single sled by the label of RMK. Right? Am I the crazy one here?
Lol, I am in eastern SD. We are minimum 9 hours from any mountain range. I remember in 2013 my dealer said they had snowchecked over 30 sleds (was a huge year from them)... and only 2 of them were NOT RMKs.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Wow!!!! Ok then.

Well then in that case I don't want to hear any more of this ballyhoo about how the manufacturers need to limit their R&D on mountain sleds because the market is so small. ;)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Wow!!!! Ok then.

Well then in that case I don't want to hear any more of this ballyhoo about how the manufacturers need to limit their R&D on mountain sleds because the market is so small. ;)
I'm almost positive that Polaris sold more Pro RMKs in 2011 (and 12 and 13) than any other snowmobile model. It would be interesting to see real numbers on trail sled vs mtn sled sales.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
in the midwest we all have an older trail bomber and a new RMK. for example i have a 2006 600 (carb) switchback 144'' (the first year they came out). i use it to run cornfields to the bars around souther wisconsin a couple weekends/year. The RMK gets ridden in northern Wisconsin, the yoop, and wyoming twice/year. it's all good as long as your on a sled.

The trail-bar circuit would be mind-blowing to the typical western resident lol!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
in the midwest we all have an older trail bomber and a new RMK. for example i have a 2006 600 (carb) switchback 144'' (the first year they came out). i use it to run cornfields to the bars around souther wisconsin a couple weekends/year. The RMK gets ridden in northern Wisconsin, the yoop, and wyoming twice/year. it's all good as long as your on a sled.

The trail-bar circuit would be mind-blowing to the typical western resident lol!

This is more true then most want to admit on this site!! LOL Go to the UP on a weekend with good snow and you can understand how short sleds outpace mtn sleds in sales numbers. LOL

But I'm hearing rumors of two new motors this year. A new 650 and a factory turbo with the 800 and 600 being dropped. Be interesting to see what happens in a few weeks.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
This is more true then most want to admit on this site!! LOL Go to the UP on a weekend with good snow and you can understand how short sleds outpace mtn sleds in sales numbers. LOL

But I'm hearing rumors of two new motors this year. A new 650 and a factory turbo with the 800 and 600 being dropped. Be interesting to see what happens in a few weeks.

Oh boy. I love my Polaris, but if my only options become a 650 or a Polaris Factory Turbo, I might suddenly have a hard time buying Polaris.

Premium Features