• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris RMK

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
After riding the turbo Doo for the last 2 days, I can say that it definitely rips for a stock sled, but dam do I hate the handling characteristics of the Doo chassis. I really hope polaris does a stock turbo. I’d buy one in a second.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
After riding the turbo Doo for the last 2 days, I can say that it definitely rips for a stock sled, but dam do I hate the handling characteristics of the Doo chassis. I really hope polaris does a stock turbo. I’d buy one in a second.
Didn't you own a 850 Doo, and prefer it to the Axys a couple years ago?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Didn't you own a 850 Doo, and prefer it to the Axys a couple years ago?
Ya. That was before polaris went to the 36” front end. I mostly liked how the Doo was easier to get on edge, but now the axys is similar in effort or even a bit easier imo.

Tbh, I really didn’t give the axys a fair shot til this year. After riding the 2020 for 2 days a few weeks ago I was impressed.

Also, my riding style has changed a lot. 3 years ago I rode moderately steep stuff occasionally. Now I ride stuff daily that woulda puckered me up 3 years ago. That’s where the axys really shines and the limitations of the Doo start to really show up.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ya. That was before polaris went to the 36” front end. I mostly liked how the Doo was easier to get on edge, but now the axys is similar in effort or even a bit easier imo.

Tbh, I really didn’t give the axys a fair shot til this year. After riding the 2020 for 2 days a few weeks ago I was impressed.

Also, my riding style has changed a lot. 3 years ago I rode moderately steep stuff occasionally. Now I ride stuff daily that woulda puckered me up 3 years ago. That’s where the axys really shines and the limitations of the Doo start to really show up.

i think your experience is very common as folks progress towards steeper terrain.

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
EPA's target on 2S's won't provide room for a slew of new motors. Dunno if SD's turbo qualified it as new, but my guess would be no, same could be said for a Poo 850T. A 650 poo would be a good guess - the 600 class where big sales occur in realville, is dominated by Doo and Poo now, and Poo's 600 needs an update to get stay competitive with doo's best 6. Why not a 650 if Poo can get it to run efficiently without all the hp per cc stress of the 850s. Here's to an updated RMK chassis/track/tunnel: beer.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
How can they release a 650? Won't that mess up the racing circuit? They'd have to make a new division with Poo 650 sleds only. Can't see that happening. Racing gurus, chime in. I don't know the rules, just guessing.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
How can they release a 650? Won't that mess up the racing circuit? They'd have to make a new division with Poo 650 sleds only. Can't see that happening. Racing gurus, chime in. I don't know the rules, just guessing.
I could be wrong, but I’m guessing being sure that a sled qualifies for a race class ranks pretty low on the list of concerns when releasing a new sled.

P
Oct 12, 2019
They added an 850 class to racing . I think the 600 class is a thing of the past, bring on the 650’s. In a few years we will be laughing that we rode 800’s and liked it.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
2021 doo summits are online. Gonna sell some turbos, especially if poo doesn't, but almost nothing that hasn't been seen already on a doo in 2020 (how about an even smaller seat), really a nothing burger for non-turbo buyers. Door is wide open for poo in 2021, chassis-wise. A warrantied and boosted 850 poo making more than 165 would raise the bar, too. Go get'em poo...

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO

THIS IS THE TRUEST THING I'VE READ ON SW IN AWHILE!!! You take those Ski-Doo's into the steep and their weaknesses show. You keep them on moderate, un-treed hillsides and they shine! The turbo is super fun on those kind of non-butt-puckering days...but when **** gets tighter than your pastors' wife...put me on a Poo any day!!!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Killing off the current 600 and 800 and going to 650/850 seems like a reasonable prediction to me. Doo pretty much did that, although obviously with a new 600 to compliment the 850; given that they're only keeping two engines in the performance-oriented range, I'm guessing they're not seeing sales potential for more than two motors. I doubt Polaris is seeing anything different, and Doo has more resources to stick their neck out if anyone thought it'd work. I'd love to see a new 600 "fleet" motor, a 700-class stretched version of that motor (both lighter than the 850), and of course the 850 carrying the top spot, but a 650 would split the difference and simplify the lineup. My one big "please Polaris" on that is that make a Pro-RMK that's actually lighter than the 850. Could be 10lbs lighter; there's no reason for it to be heavier...

Last edited:

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
this year will show little changes. the 850 will be more refined, some extreme BNGs, hoping for a shorter tunnel and a non-manual start that doesn't weigh 26lbs.

doo has the adjustable limiter strap. 8 years ago i was telling my cousin who's a polaris engineer that they needed to do this on polaris sleds. it would be a simple cam design we had it all planned out. ski doo must have been listening.

Premium Features