• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 expert exhaust sensor

T
Dec 4, 2018
Idaho
Anybody else notice the new location of where the exhaust sensor is now on the 2021 summit expert? Not sure if my new mbrp can is ported for the sensor in the correct location. Looks like I'll have to get some sort of longer exhaust sensor to reach the location of the port on new can.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, noticed the same thing on my 20, the O2 sensors at the bottom rear of the muffler, my 2018 HPS has the bung at the top. Doesn't appear like there is enough lead on the harness, looks like it'll be an issue

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I was able to get enough length out of the sensor harness to reach on my Diamond S can, it had its mounting hole top back.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
The sensor will reach, at least on the HPS, just have to clip the zip tie, and pull the plug off the clip that is holding everything to the chain case. Be gentle with the clip and use the lever release, it should slide right off the while plastic clip piece. It is a bit tight but does reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Some 2021 models will have an issue. The 2020 (as posted above) will reach, barely. Some 2021 have a sensor with a shorter wire. Isaac at HPS said that he found that it was only SP models, but my 21 165 Expert has a short one. HPS has extensions now available. They gave me one based on my new can purchase, I bought one for the can that I bought used. I figure that even on the sled that has the long sensor lead (21 146 FR) that I would use it and leave the plug in the stock location.

Premium Features