• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Can install

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Hey guys. I think already posted, but I can't find it because of Norona's silly sales posts taking up the entire page when I search. It was about the 2021 sleds using a shorter EGT sensor wire than in 2020. Last year the sensor wire was doubled up on itself and zip tied together. (Making it shorter until you cut the zip tie.) When installing a can, you could cut the zip tie and reach the aftermarket sensor bung. This year, some sleds have a new sensor that has a shorter wire. HPS realized this and let me know about it when I called them. Isaac at HPS informed me that some SP models were like this and they were working on a pigtail extension. My 165 Expert had a short wire also, my 146 Freeride has the long one. Anyway. Long story short, HPS has extended pitgtails in stock to fix this. I pay full price for my HPS stuff, I am only posting this to inform and to let peeps know that HPS is a SOLID business. He is sending me an extended jumper for free for the can that I bought last year for my sled, I volunteered to pay for the jumper for the can that I purchased used on here last year. Check your EGT wires if you want to do a can. I am sure that all of the can companies will take care of this, but I am super impressed that HPS not only took care of it, but they did it for free for a can that fit last year's sled when I bought it.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I dont know why muffler Manufacturers are not changing the sensor location like doo did.
Totally different location and sensor parameters.

Some of them are. Boondocker muffler I installed is similar location as factor and pig tail was long enough.

Premium Features