• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021-2022 Black Hills

A
Sep 10, 2012
sdsnocop, are you out there? A few questions. How’s the snow? Trails open on the 15th, will the trail maps be updated on the GFP site soon? And finally, any trail changes this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A
Sep 10, 2012
Yes, very unlikely there is enough snow as of now. I’m hopeful for a better snow forecast though.

A
Sep 10, 2012
Well look at that…

aea5a865b73121ba576782f2d2526b32.jpg

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
im in Nebraska and we are tuning sleds and ready to rip if someplace close gets some snow. snowies have some but need more to cover the landmines

U
Dec 12, 2007
Custer, SD
Rode out of Trailshead today. There is enough snow to keep the sleds cool, but that's about it. The groomers have driven on the trails, but not groomed them yet. There is a few inches of packed snow on the trails, and maybe 6-8" off trail in places. Clipped lots of rocks and gravel on the trails and off trail is definitely a no go at this point. One above freezing day and there will be lots of dirt showing.

jeffxc700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
SUX
Rode out of Trailshead today. There is enough snow to keep the sleds cool, but that's about it. The groomers have driven on the trails, but not groomed them yet. There is a few inches of packed snow on the trails, and maybe 6-8" off trail in places. Clipped lots of rocks and gravel on the trails and off trail is definitely a no go at this point. One above freezing day and there will be lots of dirt showing.
Who cares about snow depth right now .. I am jealous you got 2 ride.. Awesome!

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Things are not good right now. A person can ride some if they were desperate but I would not recommend it yet. I have rode some for trail inspections and last Tuesday to check conditions. They got more snow to the South but it would be miserable getting to a little better snow. Not enough snow yet to groom. A few trail changes the most noticeable is the return of the section of 5 going from Rec Springs to Lewies. There are some trail number changes in the Lead/Deadwood area. The junction of 5 and 6 is relocated due to additional plowing by private landowners.

A
Sep 10, 2012
Things are not good right now. A person can ride some if they were desperate but I would not recommend it yet. I have rode some for trail inspections and last Tuesday to check conditions. They got more snow to the South but it would be miserable getting to a little better snow. Not enough snow yet to groom. A few trail changes the most noticeable is the return of the section of 5 going from Rec Springs to Lewies. There are some trail number changes in the Lead/Deadwood area. The junction of 5 and 6 is relocated due to additional plowing by private landowners.

Thank you for the update. We’re praying for snow!

Merry Christmas to all!

Premium Features