• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removing tapatalk

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Using my iPhone. Lately every time I open a thread I’ve been getting a pop up that lets me choose to open it in tapatalk or safari. I always choose safari. I tried tapatalk a few years ago and didn’t like it. I deleted the app. Now today when I try to open a thread I’ve only got the tapatalk choice to open it. The Safari choice appears for a second and then disappears. Therefore I cannot open any thread. How do I totally get rid of tapatalk. I hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Using my iPhone. Lately every time I open a thread I’ve been getting a pop up that lets me choose to open it in tapatalk or safari. I always choose safari. I tried tapatalk a few years ago and didn’t like it. I deleted the app. Now today when I try to open a thread I’ve only got the tapatalk choice to open it. The Safari choice appears for a second and then disappears. Therefore I cannot open any thread. How do I totally get rid of tapatalk. I hate it.

IMG_7865.png
Settings
Safari
Safari suggestions turn off.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
View attachment 403395
Settings
Safari
Safari suggestions turn off.

Just tried that. Still doesn’t work.
4e69b13b94351f15304ea48f958240b9.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Interesting.
For "ME" on my iPhone I always go for TapaTalk as I find it simply faster to use in such a small screen situation.
Normally I am here working on 28" 4K monitors all day long.

That said.
We are about to make a bunch of Server & Software upgrades this Spring.
When all of that is done I think we will be giving another try at a dedicated Apple App to access the forums.
Its been a few years and the App seems to have come a LONG ways from where it was the last time we tried.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
You ride Polaris. You should know there are some things, as unpleasant as they may be, you just have to live with. This is one of those. Adaptability in an inverted world is key to happiness.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Mine has been the same. It didn’t change after I did the “safari suggestion off” button… I also restarted the phone after.

I had to go to settings->safari->advanced (at the bottom)-> website data -> find snowest and then edit->delete it.
that worked for me now.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Mine has been the same. It didn’t change after I did the “safari suggestion off” button… I also restarted the phone after.

I had to go to settings->safari->advanced (at the bottom)-> website data -> find snowest and then edit->delete it.
that worked for me now.
I just had it popup again after doing that. ^^^

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I will go and check next week just to see if Tapa might have issued any new software updates that we failed to notice.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Im getting ads now , plus taptalk was suggested for the first time to me in this thread. Something must have changed.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I just had it popup again after doing that. ^^^
Mine came back this morning… but I found that if I go in “request desktop website“ (in settings -> safari) and leave on “Other Websites” the Tapatalk prompt doesn’t come up…
i don’t know why... ??‍♂️

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
It officially sucks, im now on my desk top and the adds suck..... no worky on my I phone period with all the BS edits....... get it figured out Chris?

Premium Features