• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Summit X throttle lever heat not working

R
Nov 16, 2016
Since new, my thumb lever heat has not worked.
Last season I did not want to have any down-time, so I just dealt with it.

Yesterday, I called our Skidoo Dealer to discuss bringing it in and what the turn-a-round time would be.
Although their work load is light right now, I was informed that they may need my sled for up to two weeks.
(apparently for time to diagnose and to order what ever parts would be required)

Does that sound legit to you guys?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
could it be that it was never turned on? has to be done thru BUDS.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
No. Follow the wires down to the plug and check if it is connected correctly. If it is unplug, and use an ohm meter to see if it is open circuit or low ohms. Also check that there isn’t anything obviously bent.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
That connector for the heaters can be a pia, sometimes the pins will get pushed back and they won't make contact with the mating connector, I changed the heater side connector on mine and I now have working heaters. Curious, does your gauge have the single button or 2 button, the thumb heater can be adjusted with the 2 button.

R
Nov 16, 2016
Thanks for the tips.
My trailer and sled are not here due to a new concrete driveway project, but I'll check those items out soon.

Premium Features