• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 ctec 900

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
The 850 skidoo has more horse power but the cat gets more power to the track.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Defintely agree with u there ! I have owned both and to me the cat feels like it just hooks up and pulls better !

cycology1

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2017
Guys, realistically the Doo 850 should have more power then an 800 Cat, Doo, or Polaris. If it doesn’, there is something seriously wrong with it

cut back on the 4 chili dogs and 2 miller lites before swapping back to the Alpha ;)

B

Boondockingak

Rode with two doo guys and a B.B. rmk guy, and everyone said the alpha pulled like a freight train and wanted to rip their arms out of their sockets.... one person actually complained that it just hit so hard and violent...

Maybe mine just runs better than some? We’re at sea level in the lower mountains, and I have a 154” alpha. By the way, another aggressive ride and the rail looks fine....

I would never argue that cat motor has more power, but this track and suspension appears to transfer so much freaking torque and horsepower to the ground.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rode with two doo guys and a B.B. rmk guy, and everyone said the alpha pulled like a freight train and wanted to rip their arms out of their sockets.... one person actually complained that it just hit so hard and violent...

Maybe mine just runs better than some? We’re at sea level in the lower mountains, and I have a 154” alpha. By the way, another aggressive ride and the rail looks fine....

I would never argue that cat motor has more power, but this track and suspension appears to transfer so much freaking torque and horsepower to the ground.

Is this guy a ***** and never ridden a sled before??

I got a buddy who has an alpha and loves the sled. He can make any sled work well. He said it was an adjustment coming off of an axys, but he loves it. He's never said anything about the motor pulling like a freight train or violent compared to the other sleds.

jb800

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Currently MN
The 850 skidoo has more horse power but the cat gets more power to the track.

I agree 100%. I have a 154 alpha and rode with my buddy who is a guide at crooked creek in dubois wy. His guide sled was a 154 3 inch. Technically it should be better in the deep. 50cc difference on the motor and 1 inch wider track. I walked by him in every terrain. We are both experienced riders. The alpha seems to get on top of the snow mutch better. I also own a 155 axys. I feel the alpha is way more predictable then my axys.I don't consider myself brand loyal. The alpha just works. At the end of the day they all have pros and cons, they all brake when u hit ****, but just as long as you have fun that's all that matters!?

B

Boondockingak

The motor does hit hard, but I don’t think that’s it. It’ has more to do with the efficiency in which the power reaches the ground, the spot on clutching, and the traction of the 3” track with 3.5 pitch.

I’m no track expert, but I’m in agreement that cat is really onto something with this track. I’m not claiming that this is the worlds greatest mountain sled ever (although it may very well be), but I have yet to let someone swing a leg over it that didn’t come back with a big smile and say something along the lines of “wow, that really is something”.

Premium Features