• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 ctec 900

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
So I'm guessing cat isn't doing so well if all there sleds are snow check only.

With all the layoffs they are having I’m guessing they aren’t Putting much into the future. There using the same adds from last year also. Sad to see

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Or they have something big for 2021 and they are clearing out old inventory and keeping new inventory low

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Snow check is a scam I fall for over and over lol. You want one and have something good to ride wait for end of January. There’ll be a price drop on the snowcheck only for 2020 sleds.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Local company was about to sign a contract with cat to become a dealer.
They said that cat told them they were gonna quit making snowmobiles....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Local company was about to sign a contract with cat to become a dealer.
They said that cat told them they were gonna quit making snowmobiles....

If that's in the near future, it would seem odd that they geared up for the Alpha if they are just going to dump the program.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Mine was full of snow behind the windshield so I put their windshield bag on and it hits you with snow right between the eyes. It's coming off.

As far as cat goes, I had heard they weren't doing so well and this probably confirms it. It will hold prices better for us but kind of screws the dealers I would think.

jason_hildo

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2010
Whats more feasible is in the past arctic cat was a small "poor" company that had to keep churning out sleds and keep numbers up. Don't kid yourself the dealers were the ones taking the price hit in Jan not the company itself. So enter Textron with a huge pocket book, they can limited the sleds therefore creating demand. Also improving resale and therefore probably charging a higher price for new ones.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If that's in the near future, it would seem odd that they geared up for the Alpha if they are just going to dump the program.
Just repeating what the manager of the facility said when he was asked about becoming a Cat dealer.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
So I'm guessing cat isn't doing so well if all there sleds are snow check only.

That or they have a ton of 2019 inventory to move out. I personally have not seen too many 2019 Mountain Cats out on the snow this season. Most everyone bought Alphas or Hardcores.

I hope that things are ok at Arctic Cat. I believe they build a great product, but I really don't understand the snow-check only option. Maybe when we see the special pricing it will shed some light on the situation.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Just repeating what the manager of the facility said when he was asked about becoming a Cat dealer.

Yeah, that kind of info wouldn’t make it public in the context of which you stated , nor would it be coming from someone at that level in the organization. If true, that would be complete dysfunction on Textron’s part, and would unravel any trust or perceived value in the brand

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Love the grey myself.
red doesnt do anything for me, I like the cool colors not warm.
cat site must be loaded up with traffic, can't pull it up. keep the pics coming here!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Alpha one is charcoal/green.

Mtn cat alpha one is gray/green
Led, qs3, optional estart.

Hardcore has color options. Charcoal/green, charcoal/redfire. Led, qs3 coil, reinforced running boards, optional e start on the 165 only.....?

Premium Features