• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 beta 480RE riot build

H
Dec 7, 2016
Good day,

I am going to be putting a 2021 riot velocity on a 2020 Beta 480re this season. Aside from the intake, engine blanket and good skid plate, what else do I need? Does yhe beta need an after market thermostat kit? What else should I look into?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

H
Dec 7, 2016
Thank you, so it does require an upgrade from the stock thermostat, good to know.

I should have mentioned I have the wrap around hang guards, foot pegs and air hog fork kit.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
I am running a 2017 Beta 350re, it works fine with the stock thermostat, I changed my headlight To LED to free up a bit more wattage and use electric grip warmers, the Betas have plenty of power to spare to run them, the LED was just for a safety factor. Most people say say use coolant heated handlebars, but not a lot of stock dirt bikes have the power for electric. And I find electric more flexible since any of the decent kits have a control with multiple heat settings. You can adjust heat on coolant bars with a valve, but you still have added more hoses, connections and possibilities for leaks.98469A8D-4D77-498D-BCD6-29399E1A412D.jpeg

M
Mar 13, 2019
I haven't had coolant heated bars yet but I have had a few electric heated grips. I haven't seen a aftermarket set that I really like get. Every time you twist the throttle it's fatiguing the wires, I've had couple come apart. They do work but seem to be affected my wind alot. I'm going to try the coolant heated bars this season and see if it's any better. I don't like extra plumbing either but they are supposed to work great. Everyone says you need the ball valve throttled way down or they will cook you. I'm also running the big gaiters that completely cover the bars and your hand. I'd really like to be able to just use summer gloves with the heated bars and the mits.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
one of our group on a Beta, seems like a great bike, needs all the reg stuff/thermostat/heat exchanger if you ride a lot/engine covers/stiffer forks, he's been adding mods the last two years and is right there with any KTM/HOn/Husky........all need the same help.

Premium Features