• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Ski-Doo Summit X

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Seems to be a problem for some. 400 trouble free miles. I even went with shr clutch kit and it runs stronger now although not complete with my weight changes. Clutch temps are cooler, but we only ever ride for an hour or so and take a break. I ride pretty hard when we ride, so I'm in need of a break after an hour or so. I know heat kills. If belts keep popping its from the heat more then likely. If you want to keep buying belts and blaming doo that's cool. I understand that the sled should be better set up for the price we pay for them. But I'd rather spend 300 bucks to keep the heat down and belts from blowing. Excessive heat may have something to do with engine failure too. Just my 2 cents. Spend your money how ever you want✌

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I’m running what is basically a shr kit minus his weights. I haven’t blown a belt since but i still replace them every 150 miles because they get severely burnt and pulling cords. The clutches would have huge black marks on them after every ride. I sold my 17’ at 700 miles and had gone through 6 belts. My biggest complaint is the belt problem. Tmotion delete is easy and cheap, now. The one area that the other two brands can’t compete, imo, is in power. The 850 is a freakin animal and keeps pulling long after it’s supposed to be stuck. I guess we’ll see how this year goes.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Hey Norona, any chance ski doo will start updating sleds this year with the 19 updates? I know final calibration is not done, but a motor mount seems like a ok'd update. There's a lot of riding left this year and to have a bunch of riders eager for a fix I'm sure would give serious kudos to brp for the support.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Hey Norona, any chance ski doo will start updating sleds this year with the 19 updates? I know final calibration is not done, but a motor mount seems like a ok'd update. There's a lot of riding left this year and to have a bunch of riders eager for a fix I'm sure would give serious kudos to brp for the support.

I am sure it will be like 2017-2018, it won't happen in season, it is not fully complete and if it was it would have to be produced and shipped, that would mean you might get them in july. I know my answers are not the popular ones....

Premium Features