• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 800 shutting off

B
Mar 6, 2018
I have a 2017 800 that randomly shuts off like some hit the kill switch. As soon as motor stops spinning it fires right up.
. I have by passed throttle switch kill switch.key. swapped relays twice any ideas ? Thanks

B
Mar 6, 2018
Looked haven't seen one yet it will run most of the day than just start shutting off like u turned the key off and it will start right back up

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
Looked haven't seen one yet it will run most of the day than just start shutting off like u turned the key off and it will start right back up
This sounds like the exact same issue I had two seasons ago. Few questions for you:

• Are you throwing any codes? Do you see the check engine light flash as it shuts down?
  • Does it do it only after its up-to-temp and has been running a while?
  • Does it get worse through out the day riding
One of the ignition coils was getting hot and the ECU was shutting down the motor. It was throwing a code, but wasn't showing the check engine light and wasn't in "memory" you could pull from the display. Have your dealer do a check for codes, will help you narrow down the problem. The link to my orignal thread is below.

J
Nov 25, 2019
Friend had broken bumper mounts on his 19 axys and it would randomly shut down due to the ground wire being attached to the bumper mount. Took a little bit to figure it out.

B
Mar 6, 2018
No codes no check engine light flash does seem to be more frequent whent ridden hard, if just out putting around and lots of stops it doesn't seem to act up

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
No codes no check engine light flash does seem to be more frequent whent ridden hard, if just out putting around and lots of stops it doesn't seem to act up
Very very similar to My case. I'd bet there's stored codes too. If you can or have someone pull them, will go a Long way to finding the issue.

Premium Features