• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Polaris axys 800

F
Dec 7, 2008
Highmore,SD
I have a 2020 axys 800 I’ve been fighting to find out what cause rough idle. I have adjusted the TPS to 700 mili-volts for the base and 940 mili-volts idle using a multimeter. (Checked twice) I’ve tested compression on both cylinders with 112-114. I have checked seals with either. Nothing

It runs fine at my shop but when I take it 8 hrs away to the mountains it will not idle when the motor is cold or if it is shut off for 5 minutes or so. If I shut off and start it right back up it idles fine when warmed up.
Not sure what to try next. Any Ideas?

L
Feb 22, 2023
WA
Bad/old fuel? I’ve had a similar issue on my ‘13 Pro and went down the same rabbit hole of tinkering with the TPS. I changed out the plugs which seemed to help, but I think I had some old fuel in there that was causing problems. I also changed out my throttle block. The old one was cracked and was causing problems with the throttle safety switch inside the block. Not sure you’re having the same problems but seeing as you have good compression and the TPS is in the right range, seems like a similar scenario.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I would bypass the TSS for a test... lance_rb has the right idea there. Also check for worn spark plug caps, sounds strange but you can get intermittent issues with those

Premium Features