• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Polaris RMK/SKS with some specs...

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I noticed on the one slide it says the tunnel is powder coated and not painted. Somedays I would swear Polaris reads these forums and listens ;).

Also the 3" track weighs 4lbs more then the 2.6" and only 1lb more then the old 2.4. It is the lightest 3" track on the market.

did you see the colours? same as the ones that guy photo shopped in the photoshop the axys all black forum! the all black, the orange, the silver! CRAZY

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The picture says plus one on top minus one on bottom... wouldn't that be a higher gear ratio? Or are they talking into account the smaller drivers for an overall lower ratio?

You are correct (I pointed this out early on after the January reveal), it is indeed a higher actual ratio, but with the change to the #@!* smaller driver, the realized ratio is slightly lower.

Scott,
If you go to your post #4. It states the opposite.

Edit:
Sorry I posted to late.

Sorry, I got that info backwards in my post. I edited that.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
When they changed to 7 tooth drivers it geared their final ratio down. By adding another tooth to the top sprocket they get more belt wrap and maybe a tooth or two more engagement which will greatly reduce the chances of stripping off the drive cogs of the belt. A big disadvantage of the QD on the 14-15s is the lack of number of cogs engaged on the top pulley due to the minimal wrap (diameter). It's too bad they took a tooth off the bottom sprocket too, but maybe it uses the 14-15 belt (length) or maybe it was to get a little more clearance for the "lifted body".

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
They are available in the "add more options" section
Right, for $70. Another $70 I shouldn't have to spend, mine came free on my 15 RMK, as did every other 15 purchased.
factory ones suck. the doo t3 reversible ones are going on my next sled which will be an SKS and they should work with the extra wheels.
I disagree, I have 2 buddys with a 13 and 15 summit both installed the reversible scratchers. 2 of the scratchers broke off one sled and 1 scratcher broke off the other, now these 2 guys aren't the brightest friends I have, but, still concerning that their $90 scratchers broke and mine have worked fine all season.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Is there any more pics of the RMK's?

It would be nice to see some actual pics of these snowcheck colors. I see there are some vids on the Polaris Facebook page but nothing more than a couple seconds at a time.

Hardest decision I'm having to make is color. Lol. Well done Polaris. Lots of options.

WFOWA

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2008
SOCO
is there a spare belt holder ? Where is it?

Last edited:
Premium Features