• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 regular Pro chaincase - regret not having QD?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
So a problem similar to many of the QD failures. On the QD, bolts are easy cheap insurance, I have upgraded them on my sled. Beyond that, the tools stay home, and I ride a fair amount. The belts themselves have been very reliable for me, except when you do not break in a '13 belt properly....

Both failures have the same result, a sled you are not riding out under its own power. I left my M7 with an expired DD in the woods for a couple of days and swapped it on the snow. Otherwise tow it out.

Too many parts needed to fix either failure. Just a belt is easy but I don't bother with a spare because those failures are extremely rare, just like broken chain cases. I just think the snowest QD failure hype is just that, hype. The system works, reliability is no reason to avoid it. If you are a modder, well maybe a chain case works better for you. Stock, I can feel a difference between my Pro and my buddies Assault. He couldn't believe I didn't go buy the same sled as his, I like the Pro better and the QD is part of the reason.

That was my chaincase failure, when I was in Wolf Creek. I consider it a freak accident, not an endemic problem. It appears the bolt sheared off in the driveshaft-- without backing out first (no marks on cover where bolt would go). The only reason I even found the issue was that my recoil broke, when I was in there to replace I noticed the chaincase. Rode the sled out--phew!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Bought a Pro with QD - I have ridden both and feel the QD sleds gain and lose RPM a bit quicker - better throttle response IMO. I also like not having to change/have chaincase fluid, not that it's a big deal, but it's "nice."

Flat out - I like having the sled as "decked out" as possible from the factory, because even with best intentions, I probably won't mod it much, if at all. Don't need to re-gear for my elevation IMO. I enjoy a little sled cleanup and maintenance here and there, but I like riding a lot more than tinkering.

I'm not buying an Axys for 2016 (simply because I can't afford a new sled every year) - but if I were, I'd feel like I were going backwards checking the 3" with the chaincase. Even tho I'm sure it will work very well....and might convince myself it was ok..lol.

Hoping by the time I can buy an Axys, they have a 3" + QD solution. Or that they stop offering it 2 ways so there's nothing to drive people nuts over.

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
I have a 15 rmk le and I love it more now that I dropped one tooth on the top sprocket. It still uses stock chain and I feel it's same as my buddy's 14 pro only difference riding back to back is his supsension set up to my suspension set up

Premium Features