• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 freeride 154 mod questions

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
hey guys first time I ever posted on here, seems every time I need something someone else already asked it. anyways, I ordered a 15 154 freeride (green and black, no purple for me) and I plan on doing a lot of customizing. I ordered a silber turbo today (Justin is a great guy to work with btw), next i'm going with racewerx front and rear bumpers.

I want to ride the boards first before I replace them but would like to know what you guys think of different aftermarket ones out there (so far I really like the RSI Billet Dumpers).

Also thoughts on the benefits of relocating the high beam switch and replacing the reverse and kill switches?

ARS-FX front a arms compared to brp curved ones?

ice age rails with 8 inch bogeys and rail support over stock (anything other than weight savings)

TKI Belt drive, other than its really fricken cool

so far this is what I've came up with that i'd like to do, but i'm curious to see what others think of these parts or what they would recommend running instead. Thanks for the input.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Sounds like you have a good plan going. You probably already have it, but clutching will be very important with the turbo.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
2cents

Kill switch is easy, flip it upside down. I moved my high beam & reverse button to the spot between the cross bar and the bottom of the bar on my 4" rise RSI bars so I had more room in the grip area, this also provides some level of protection for that switch set. I like the idea of alternative impact's lower arm design more than the ARS FX. Alt arms will hopefully just break off the rod end when you tag a rock, and those can replaced in minutes at the price of $15. The burly ball joint on the other arms isn't going anywhere and you can't fit a spare a arm in your pocket like the rod ends. I haven't run them yet but the concept convinced to buy some used ones.

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
Sounds like you have a good plan going. You probably already have it, but clutching will be very important with the turbo.

comes with clutching, including adjustable weights, for flat land (UP riding) and out west. another option I heard of is converting over to poo clutches for ease of changing springs and weights. that is one thing I liked with my pro, just didn't like blowing it up all the time.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
comes with clutching, including adjustable weights, for flat land (UP riding) and out west. another option I heard of is converting over to poo clutches for ease of changing springs and weights. that is one thing I liked with my pro, just didn't like blowing it up all the time.
IMO the poo clutch conversion on the doo works sick, especially boosted. much easier to tune, and cooler more consistent running.

other then that sounds like a sick setup, do you jump the thing a lot? if so, check out ice age's new x-brace. like the icing on the cake for a sexy skid.

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
IMO the poo clutch conversion on the doo works sick, especially boosted. much easier to tune, and cooler more consistent running.

other then that sounds like a sick setup, do you jump the thing a lot? if so, check out ice age's new x-brace. like the icing on the cake for a sexy skid.

I looked at that brace and forgot to mention it, I have a 14 137 freeride now and I jump the **** out of it and will do so with the 154 as well. So thank you for that and I will add it to the list.

Any recommendations on where to get the conversion poo clutch kit?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
justin sells them, and has a good setup for them, its what he runs on his personal XM, sames as what i will be running on my boosted 600xm when it shows up.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
give me a ring...

I have set up many a summit for low/hi elevation riding and have personal experiences with many products (good/not so good)...BJ

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
give me a ring...

I have set up many a summit for low/hi elevation riding and have personal experiences with many products (good/not so good)...BJ

thanks for that, ill give you a call when the sled comes in. so far I ended up with ice age rails, tki belt drive, racewerx bumpers, and silber turbo. It's cost enough to get there and I don't even have the sled yet so i'm gonna just add those parts and ride it for a year and see what else I want to do at that point

Premium Features