• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 summit xm gas mileage poll

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
On my biggest powder day I got 73 km's and light was on. Took around 7 1/2 gallons. Oil consumption was less than a 1/4 tank. Sled had 700 miles by then.

Seems like when I checked the gauge was always between 5-10 mpg and my Nytro was a bit worse, but not much different.

OTM

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
You don't need to lift anything. Just push down on the back bumper and get the air pocket out of the back of the tank.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Mileage on all of my 13/14 Etecs has been pretty consistant, 9mpg average. I went out the other day and forgot to fuel up first, started on 4 bars and was down to one after 30 miles or so, it still had a couple gallons left when filled back up.
The one time I ran out, around 50 miles, was when I forgot to plug my atmospheric pressure hose deally back in after pulling the hood, it killed mileage but I didn't really notice a difference in how it ran.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
So after all that propaganda on how the Doo changed the world with the Etec and saved starving children in Africa with its fuel economy and minimal oil consumption....turns out it uses as much fuel and oil as a Polaris, and more if you actually ride in in the.....y'know.....mountains and deep snow.

How many Shamwow's and Ronco products do you guys own?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Not one person posted about how the XM was better or worse than any other sled on fuel mileage. Took a Poohead:face-icon-small-win to start that shizzle. So my 13 Pro stone stock except 3" X3 and KMOD skid consistently used 2 gallons more on the dawn to dusk deep days. Both of my sons riding stock XMs at the same time. I fill the sleds with an electric pump and kept track of it for 8-10 rides before I was sure there was that much of a difference. If I'm riding an XM and no one is packing gas I never worry about bring gas myself. The Poo did use quite a bit less oil but I didn't keep track of that accurately but I don't think that's a plus for the Pro.
Sulley I had the gas out the over flow problem in the spring when it gets warm. Got so we always parked the XMs uphill on warmer days.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Did 45 miles last weekend & put in 7.2 gallons. Rode about 70% hillclimbing 30% boondocking. I'm a bigger guy so hillclimbing I run about 75% plus full throttle.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
We seem to be getting about 5mpg on the mtn.

Yep, that's it. My old 98 X used to get 10mpg all day long, WOT and in the deep. It didn't matter.

Quite frankly, I am very disappointed that we aren't getting AT LEAST 7-8 miles per gallon.

After all, they all have been claiming better efficiency every year for years.

Premium Features