• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 KX450F ST Turbo Build

R
Sep 25, 2009
Big Sky, MT
Well I pulled the trigger last week on a carry over 2014 KX450F to pair with my snowchecked 2015 Timbersled ST. Here is the build I have in the works. Hopefully start assembly next weekend. I will be posting pics, along with issues and tips along the way.

2014 KX450F
2015 Timbersled ST Kit
Boondocker Turbo Kit
Boondocker Push to Pass
Boondocker AF ratio gauge kit
Rekluse CoreManual TorqDrive Clutch
Head Studs
FMF Mega Bomb Header Pipe
ASV C6 Clutch and Brake Levers
Pro Taper Patrana FMX Bars
Pro Taper Bar Clamps
Pro Taper Bar Pad
Trail Tech Temp Gauge
Trail Tech Hour Meter
Fastway Adventure Foot Pegs
Acerbis Skid Plate
Acerbis 2.7 Gas Tank
Acerbis Rally Pro Hanguards
ODI Emig Lock On Grips
Heatshield Exhaust Wrap
ECD Wrap
Thermobob Thermostat
MSR Radiator Hoses
MMP 8 Inch Billet Wheels
Uni Biker Radiator Guards
Cycra Black Plastic Kit
Power Sports Tech Motor Shrouds

R
Sep 25, 2009
Big Sky, MT
Finally got my bike that I purchased in MN! Started some work on the build today. Tore down the brand new 2014 KX450F. Installed the Timbersled ST track, Acerbis gas tank, Promoto Adventure foot pegs, Pro Taper Bars and clamps, ODI grips and stock controls (for now), FMF mega bomb exhaust with wrap, and a Trail Tech hour meter. My Boondocker kit should be here next week to continue the build! Everything to this point was pretty self explanatory. No issues whatsoever. Definitely nice working on a brand new unit!

unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg

R
Sep 25, 2009
Big Sky, MT
Got quite a ways on the build the last few weeks. Turbo Kit is installed, wrap installed, ski installed, gauges mounted, and many smaller tedious tasks. The turbo was a very time consuming and extensive process but went fairly smoothly. The key is making sure you do not rush and route all the wires and hoses properly. The Toysinz wrap is killer. It laid down really nice and their Timbersled template is spot on. The entire wrap was within 1/8" of all the bolt holes and tunnel cutouts. Only a few things left and she will be ready to rip. Rode it around the shop today for the first time. Holy cow! Here are a few pics of the setup so far.

Reedhunter

snowbike 2.jpg snowbike 1.jpg snowbike3.jpg snowbike4.jpg

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Nice. Do you have any closeup pictures on your "push to pass" button? Mine looks different.
With you Acerbis tank....Did the fuel pump bolt up the same way as stock or did you have to make a bigger fuel hose so it doesn't kink? Did you just splice the far gauge into the bd wiring for power?

R
Sep 25, 2009
Big Sky, MT
I will have to get a pic of my push to pass. I mounted it on top of my kill switch so that might make it look a little different. I used the Boondocker supplied injector fuel line and mounted it directly to the fuel pump with no issues. I only used one of stock fuel line connectors, the one on the fuel pump. On the other end i just used the fuel line with a clamp. I ran my AF gauge power to the diagnostic plug on the bike with the correct pin to connect into the plug. Then it can be removed if I ever need to use the plug for diagnostic purposes. I grounded to the frame.

Reedhunter

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Nice. Will look for you at the trailheads and mountains this winter. Color scheme will be easy to spot for sure.

More and more bikes around each year. Of all the times i went out last year, i think there was only once that i didn't see another bike at some point during the day and often several different groups.

Congrats. Looks like a ripper!

Premium Features