• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Polaris race sled

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
What do you guys think will come out of the race department this year? I wonder how long polaris will run the IQR, i know i know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. STILL, the sled has been eating race tracks since 04. There is NO WAY it should be right that they use the same chassis for 9 or possibly 10 years. it is a RACE sled, don't those things get tweaked every couple years?

I know they have changed it alot since it's starting year, its a much better unit, but when will we see one with a pro likeness? My plan is to try and turbo my assault this summer, throw on a peak track, an leave it otherwise stock. I would like to have a short track again, and this time i want a new one. But i want het latest and greatest, honestly if i were to get ahold of a new sled it would probubly be an articat at the moment. Either that or buy an 800 rush and simply put a 121" racer skid underneath it, new running bords, and call it good.

What are you'r thoughts?

She's gettin' old.......

C-67,
200 views and no comments…………:face-icon-small-con

But, ya, that Poo Race chassis is getting old. Thought for sure they’d come out with something new for this season , but was surprised to see it again, only in red, white , blue.

It is a proven winner, so maybe that’s gott’em thinking ,,,, why change it,? But it would be great to see something new for the race tracks.

It would also be nice to see a XCR 500 type sled , to compete against Cat’s Sno Pro in X-country racing. :high5:

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I have 2009 iqr 600 and i love it.I will only buy race sleds.Keep what they got,it works great.

i would argue that the articat race sleds are better. I REALY want a new polaris race sled, but i might as well buy a used 05 and just buy all new suspension? I would have the same sled. And alot cheeper.

S
Oct 29, 2008
i would argue that the articat race sleds are better. I REALY want a new polaris race sled, but i might as well buy a used 05 and just buy all new suspension? I would have the same sled. And alot cheeper.

I gotta disagree. Have you ever tried to choke a ac race sled while pipes are warm? Ouch. The iqr is the most reliable and proven of all the racers. Would I like to see the new pro body panels on it? Yes! The look is about the only thing that is out dated. The shock valving has improved every year since I got my last new one in 09. Motor is a beast! I just couldn't justify jumping ship to ac, price is higher and for what?

S
Oct 29, 2008
You would have to add the new 12 body work to an 05. Cost would add up quick. Not to mention an 05 stocker (out the crate with no mod) will not run with a 12 just out the crate. Just saying

D

Doug30racer

Feb 1, 2011
i have heard from all the locals that the improved frontend of the new rush is great, and with the traditional skid in the indy. We may have what were looking for. Can't wait to ride one and watch one come down the ditch in a good X-country. I love the idea of the 500 to compete with the cat.

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
I gotta disagree. Have you ever tried to choke a ac race sled while pipes are warm? Ouch. The iqr is the most reliable and proven of all the racers. Would I like to see the new pro body panels on it? Yes! The look is about the only thing that is out dated. The shock valving has improved every year since I got my last new one in 09. Motor is a beast! I just couldn't justify jumping ship to ac, price is higher and for what?

Why would you choke a sled that has hot pipes??

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Just throw'n this out there...

I have a 2005 IQR with 2006 440. Runs strong! In good shape but it has been raced. Tunnel is strong but I would say it is in fair to good shape. Lots of new parts. I would do $2900 firm. In Colorado.

D
Nov 26, 2012
2013 iq rr

OK listens guys yeah it's a RACE SLED we get that but u don't just change chassis design. The old chassis works perfect i race with it and it is set up really nice so don't complain about it.

P
Jan 22, 2013
leduc, alberta
Who can honestly tell the difference between lets say a 2008 yzf250, and a 2011 model..?? We as snowmobilers have gained far more from evolution than revolution....and to expect a radically different approach to snowmobiles every two or three years is just asking for trouble.

Premium Features