• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Proclimb my new toy

J
Nov 22, 2017
I just picked up a 2012 proclimb and id like to know what you guys would check or do? Also if anyone has a good link to a service manual that would be sweet.

2300 miles
Electric start (Not working)
Exit coilover Rear shocks
Antistab kit
2014 seat and large tank
Adjustible bars
Powder pro skis
2016 front end kit 40"
MDS clutching
New Primary clutch
Cat front bumper
HPS can
HCR forward mounted cooler.

right side close.jpg

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
36" front end. requires new shocks for you but 100% worth it. 3" track is a big upgrade over the 2.25 or even the 2.6. gear down to 19/50, zbros adjustable post delete

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
As mentioned 36 front end and the 3 inch track will make it a different sled. Get the electric start working :) The sled I have now will be the last without it!!! Skid relocate, make sure all updates have been done.

J
Nov 22, 2017
If i already have the 2016 spindles do i only need the shocks, upper lower a-arms and tie rods? Every kit i have seen contains the whole package. Also is there a place to that lists the updates for this year of cat? I know this sled has had a factory replaced clutch but im not aware of anything else. Thanks

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Country Cat or any other AC dealer can get you the parts you need. If you give your vin to a dealer they should be able to run it and see which updates have been done. Might be cheaper to buy the entire front end and then sell the spindles. They would be very easy to get rid of.

J
Nov 22, 2017
What do you guys like for a front skid plate/float plate? I don't know if the guy rode on clouds or what but there is not a scratch on the bottom of this sled. But I'm normally not that lucky.

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
From what I've seen most are using the Fox Floats. You can send off longer shocks and have them cut down and revalved. Or find someone who went to an aftermarket shock and buy their takeoffs.

Personally, I have had Floats on my sleds for the last 8 years. This year I bought a base model with coil overs. Not sure if I'll regret the choice or not. I don't think I will. I do know I'm not a good enough rider to notice the weight difference. And the just riding instead of constant tinkering that I have been doing seems attractive. Anyway, that's my take for whatever it's worth.

J
Nov 22, 2017
From what I've seen most are using the Fox Floats. You can send off longer shocks and have them cut down and revalved. Or find someone who went to an aftermarket shock and buy their takeoffs.

Personally, I have had Floats on my sleds for the last 8 years. This year I bought a base model with coil overs. Not sure if I'll regret the choice or not. I don't think I will. I do know I'm not a good enough rider to notice the weight difference. And the just riding instead of constant tinkering that I have been doing seems attractive. Anyway, that's my take for whatever it's worth.

At this point i'm in the same boat. I doubt i could tell the difference with the shocks. As for the width my last sled was a tundra xtreme they only have a 32" front end so going up to 40 like switching from civic to full size truck.

Premium Features