• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 hunting pics, let see them

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
If you enlarge the ones with the caribou you can see the trees in the background. And the first pic here was at the base camp woke up one morning a wolf outside the tent. That trip was down to one of the biggest lakes in the world, Great Bear Lake. That was in one of the many bays, once out in the main lake it is like an ocean Ice as far as you can see, also some big pressure ridges in the ice like the ones that occur on the ocean. Also well known for big ****in trouts in the summer but haven't tried it, only way there would be by air so would cost an arm and a leg.

Here are some old pics, the second one is from a hunt a few years ago, was windy so came right into them from downwind. Talk about a stalk using a big rock to sneak up and got within 40 yards to the caribou. Nice ones got both.

3rd one you can see the white spots and make out the shapes maybe, mosquitoes galore just when it was getting dark.

4th one is of old cabins at a place called Bernard Harbour in the early 1900's belonged to Vilhjalmur Stefansson crew who were part of the Canadian Arctic Expedition.

5th one is how we transport the quads in the boat so we can haul the animals.

6th one you can see a baby musk-ox came to us when we were looking around with binoculars, at the right can just see the tip of a sled, they average 12-16 feet long and 3 feet wide to haul our load of camping supplies wrapped in tarpaulin and gas at the back can load up to 6, 5 gallon gerry cans of gas or a 45 gallon drum. Don't have any more close pics of a sled, but will get one this winter to give you an idea.

I had a lot of landscape pics on my old laptop but that one burnt out and wouldn't go back on so lost all pics from that.

Nice man!!!!! You guys don't mess around do ya.

I'd love to visit your area sometime but something tells me that is trip that would be hard to sell the wife on.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
319180_222023887867743_100001804018954_512549_1866509038_n.jpg

Some guys at work shot these last week. It's been a crazy season for Muleys up here. Everybody I know shot bucks like these or larger.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
THAT IS AWEOSME!!!!

Our local beetle guy does a HUGE volume of skull cleaning for people.

13 years ago he said he'd get me a wolverine.
He didn't forget about me....I FINALLY got a wolverine skull from his last month after 13 years.
It's from a small female and she had been through some battles or soemthing. Her facial bones around her eye socket were really messed up and calcified on one side. One of the bridge bones didn't even connect anymore.

I would LOVE to have a skull from a nice male also....any chance your son could shoot another one and help me out? :) I'll make it worth his while.
I'd love the pelt too.

Here are a couple I got from last April some caribou small size ones for choice meat and treeline wolves for some pelts. A lot smaller then our white wolves we get on the tundra. That trip was a couple hundred mile trip down to the treeline and was a fun trip. Wish I took the 9 but gas wise the 550's were a better choice.

3rd one is my 9 year old got his first caribou this past August and he was sure proud. Got back to camp and ran to his grandfather with a big hug and smile said "thanks for taking us out camping grandpa" 4th one is my oldest when he was 11 a couple years ago with his first wolverine. Got it and said "Now I got a wolverine pelt for my grandmothers Christmas gift" as it was taken a week before the holidays.

All my pics got of musk-ox bow hunts and rifle hunts got lost when my old comp crashed, wish I backed them up. Up in the arctic here we don't need tags for animals but we do need them for musk-ox. No season on caribou, musk-ox but have season for wolves, wolverines.

A lot of great pics here and thought I would share some of mine. Not big trophy caribou but I hunt for choice tender meat. Wish I had some pics of my white wolves to compare to the timbers to compare the sizes but those are gone also with the old comp.

attachment.php

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
THAT IS AWEOSME!!!!

Our local beetle guy does a HUGE volume of skull cleaning for people.

13 years ago he said he'd get me a wolverine.
He didn't forget about me....I FINALLY got a wolverine skull from his last month after 13 years.
It's from a small female and she had been through some battles or soemthing. Her facial bones around her eye socket were really messed up and calcified on one side. One of the bridge bones didn't even connect anymore.

I would LOVE to have a skull from a nice male also....any chance your son could shoot another one and help me out? :) I'll make it worth his while.
I'd love the pelt too.

attachment.php

Hard to say, we already have 3 or 4 spoken for and a lot of demand from the communities further north that do not have wolverines. As for the skulls kind of hard to say. Local wildlife wants the whole carcasses for samples for a good price and not sure how can ship a skull to the states or what are the guidelines. Don't think I would want the hastle of shipping across the border, since Obama started he has been making it harder and harder to ship anything wildlife across the border. Since then all of our sales have been only at the auctions or locally.
We are heading out this weekend for a trip look around for caribou, wolves and wolverines. First trip of the winter season so always a fun ride.

Still looking for the rare albino wolverine. Here is a pic of a buddy's one from a couple years ago. Very nice. I know of 2 taken from here locally since I moved here about 6 years ago so they are some around here, just a matter of luck running into them at the right time.

EDIT-BTW how do you upload the pic so it shows in full size instead of reduced?

01790003.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Holy cow....I've never seen an albino wolverine before.

The reason I'm trying to get a wolverine and pelt is because we lost my grandfather's full mount in a fire. Would love to get a hold of a replacement.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
PS, I love that picure of your kid. That is just a very cool picture.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Holy cow....I've never seen an albino wolverine before.

The reason I'm trying to get a wolverine and pelt is because we lost my grandfather's full mount in a fire. Would love to get a hold of a replacement.

Their not easy to get, I've only ever killed one myself and that was 8 years ago. But i've got a buddy in ND that killed several, they live around his place.

I'll ask him about getting you one.

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Wow, what a nice bunch of critters!

I am super jealous, while I did get my elk (drew my second choice cow tag.) Worked my butt off and had a ton of fun doing that but I still have my deer tag in my pocket. Sigh, I have had more dreams about three muley bucks I saw during archery season. Not record book bucks or anything but they were nice. But with every dream they just keep getting bigger, lol. One of them was walking in the pines towards me when his rack caught one of the last rays of sun, that picture is forever burned in my brain.

I think my mountain archery muley hunt was my favorite this year. Beautiful weather, leaves turning, crisp mornings, elk screaming all around me, the physical exertion.... I think I'm in love and need more time off work. :love: I need September through April off......

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Daryl, I did some digging. Good news for me...I'll send you a PM.

Their not easy to get, I've only ever killed one myself and that was 8 years ago. But i've got a buddy in ND that killed several, they live around his place.

I'll ask him about getting you one.

SWEET!!!! Wolverines in ND...as in North Dakota?

there are some nice bucks in here. mine are respectable but not big.

Sweet work Tim. They make tastey family sized portions.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's AWESOME!!!! It's addicting, eh!!!
Did you get pics of them sneaking around you?

I am super jealous, while I did get my elk (drew my second choice cow tag.) Worked my butt off and had a ton of fun doing that but I still have my deer tag in my pocket. Sigh, I have had more dreams about three muley bucks I saw during archery season. Not record book bucks or anything but they were nice. But with every dream they just keep getting bigger, lol. One of them was walking in the pines towards me when his rack caught one of the last rays of sun, that picture is forever burned in my brain.

I think my mountain archery muley hunt was my favorite this year. Beautiful weather, leaves turning, crisp mornings, elk screaming all around me, the physical exertion.... I think I'm love and need more time off work. :love: I need September through April off......

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
It really is addicting, not that I need any more hobbies, lol. No pictures, wish I had some but was too busy trying to make something happen.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

I think my mountain archery muley hunt was my favorite this year. Beautiful weather, leaves turning, crisp mornings, elk screaming all around me, the physical exertion.... I think I'm in love and need more time off work. :love: I need September through April off......

Nice. A gal that bow hunts. That is just freakin hot! Now I'm gonna have dreams. ;)

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Ill give you guys something different to look at! The only big game I have hunted is whitetail, but I do a ton of waterfowl hunting.
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0317.jpgIMG_0265.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0308.jpg
IMG_0268.jpgIMG_0321.jpg

Premium Features