• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 hunting pics, let see them

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
What is the name of that elk farm you guys were on Scott i would like to visit it next year!! LOL
nice looking elk!!

Ya, no kidding!! Just drive right up and toss em in the truck. Geez, where is the steep, dark thick timber that you are supposed to get them from. I think I saw a rope burn around the bull's neck. :boxing:

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Here are a couple I got from last April some caribou small size ones for choice meat and treeline wolves for some pelts. A lot smaller then our white wolves we get on the tundra. That trip was a couple hundred mile trip down to the treeline and was a fun trip. Wish I took the 9 but gas wise the 550's were a better choice.

3rd one is my 9 year old got his first caribou this past August and he was sure proud. Got back to camp and ran to his grandfather with a big hug and smile said "thanks for taking us out camping grandpa" 4th one is my oldest when he was 11 a couple years ago with his first wolverine. Got it and said "Now I got a wolverine pelt for my grandmothers Christmas gift" as it was taken a week before the holidays.

All my pics got of musk-ox bow hunts and rifle hunts got lost when my old comp crashed, wish I backed them up. Up in the arctic here we don't need tags for animals but we do need them for musk-ox. No season on caribou, musk-ox but have season for wolves, wolverines.

A lot of great pics here and thought I would share some of mine. Not big trophy caribou but I hunt for choice tender meat. Wish I had some pics of my white wolves to compare to the timbers to compare the sizes but those are gone also with the old comp.

Kugluktuk 005.jpg Kugluktuk 009.jpg SAM_0205.jpg DSCF0321.jpg

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Here are a few other kills from previous trips.

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC03128.jpg

I am thinking this guide is much easier on the eyes then the other guides he had in the first set of pictures. :face-icon-small-sho

Thunder

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
My sister in law shot this buck right as he started crossing a fenceline. Thge pic doesn't do him justice at all. The rack is quite heavy and 25" wide. Those eye guards are 3" long!

dianesbuck.jpg

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I harvested this bull this season..not a record..but mighty good eating.....

DSC00482.jpg

I went on a DIY moose hunt in Alaska in 2002. It was the highlight...and lowlight of my hunting career. I tossed an airball on a 64" bull with my bow. How do I know he was 64"? My buddy anchored him with his rifle right after I missed him. I practiced all year long with my archery gear and was VERY proficient, on a target at least. I must have gotten moose fever or something. It took us 3 days to get the damn thing out of the woods and we dealt with everything from Brown Bears to horrendous storms. I lost about 20lbs! When we described our hunt to the locals they all looked at us like we were insane. Apparently you try really hard to not kill a moose very far from camp. We were so scared about getting a wanton waste ticket we took every single ounce of meat off of that thing and got it back to camp. I am still planning a revenge trip up there one day. It was this guy:
MoosePic.jpg

Last edited:

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Here are a couple I got from last April some caribou small size ones for choice meat and treeline wolves for some pelts. A lot smaller then our white wolves we get on the tundra. That trip was a couple hundred mile trip down to the treeline and was a fun trip. Wish I took the 9 but gas wise the 550's were a better choice.

3rd one is my 9 year old got his first caribou this past August and he was sure proud. Got back to camp and ran to his grandfather with a big hug and smile said "thanks for taking us out camping grandpa" 4th one is my oldest when he was 11 a couple years ago with his first wolverine. Got it and said "Now I got a wolverine pelt for my grandmothers Christmas gift" as it was taken a week before the holidays.

All my pics got of musk-ox bow hunts and rifle hunts got lost when my old comp crashed, wish I backed them up. Up in the arctic here we don't need tags for animals but we do need them for musk-ox. No season on caribou, musk-ox but have season for wolves, wolverines.

A lot of great pics here and thought I would share some of mine. Not big trophy caribou but I hunt for choice tender meat. Wish I had some pics of my white wolves to compare to the timbers to compare the sizes but those are gone also with the old comp.

Crap man you are up there!!! What do folks do that far north for work? And I didn't see no trees but I believe ya.

Awesome pics, would love to see more even if they aren't hunting shots.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Crap man you are up there!!! What do folks do that far north for work? And I didn't see no trees but I believe ya.

Awesome pics, would love to see more even if they aren't hunting shots.

If you enlarge the ones with the caribou you can see the trees in the background. And the first pic here was at the base camp woke up one morning a wolf outside the tent. That trip was down to one of the biggest lakes in the world, Great Bear Lake. That was in one of the many bays, once out in the main lake it is like an ocean Ice as far as you can see, also some big pressure ridges in the ice like the ones that occur on the ocean. Also well known for big ****in trouts in the summer but haven't tried it, only way there would be by air so would cost an arm and a leg.

Here are some old pics, the second one is from a hunt a few years ago, was windy so came right into them from downwind. Talk about a stalk using a big rock to sneak up and got within 40 yards to the caribou. Nice ones got both.

3rd one you can see the white spots and make out the shapes maybe, mosquitoes galore just when it was getting dark.

4th one is of old cabins at a place called Bernard Harbour in the early 1900's belonged to Vilhjalmur Stefansson crew who were part of the Canadian Arctic Expedition.

5th one is how we transport the quads in the boat so we can haul the animals.

6th one you can see a baby musk-ox came to us when we were looking around with binoculars, at the right can just see the tip of a sled, they average 12-16 feet long and 3 feet wide to haul our load of camping supplies wrapped in tarpaulin and gas at the back can load up to 6, 5 gallon gerry cans of gas or a 45 gallon drum. Don't have any more close pics of a sled, but will get one this winter to give you an idea.

I had a lot of landscape pics on my old laptop but that one burnt out and wouldn't go back on so lost all pics from that.

Kugluktuk 006.jpg Darryl's pics 021.jpg 100_0047.jpg 100_0993.jpg 100_1034.jpg 01760013.jpg

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
One of the mechanics here at work shot a 190+ buck last week. I don't have pics yet as he's being very secretive because of some contest he is in with the other employees.

Premium Features