• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Etec won't start after Reverse

C

Ckale

Nov 20, 2011
Buena Vista, CO
Sled is 2011 800 etec summit everest. The sled will not show any signs of starting, and after pulling a plug and turning it over it seems to not be getting any spark.

We recently installed a 2014 Silber turbo kit on the sled, it has one ride since the install. Everything seemed to work fine on its last ride. Upon getting it back home, my father was checking the wiring of the fuel box and accidentially plugged the power wire for the fuel box into the reverse circuit instead of the auxiliary circuit. (Both plugs are behind the gauge cluster, and have the same style plug). He then started the sled and put it into reverse, it went into reverse and then died shortly after. Since then it will not start. We have tried putting it back to the correct configuration both with and without the fuel controller plugged in.

The sled also has the auxiliary engine temp module that plugs into the auxiliary plug behind the gauge. (shows engine temp on the oem gauge) Have also tried starting the sled without this plugged in, as well as without the other turbo accessories (oil pump and AFR gauge) plugged in. No luck

We have checked the 5 amp fuse located by the oil tank, and it was fine. Checked the D.E.S.S. key and it is connected, as well as many other connections.

Wondering what else could be causing this? I am leaning toward the reverse switch being bad, but really have no idea. Thoughts??

:help:

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
I would say your coils are fried. Hopefully not the ECU.

L
Mar 8, 2008
Have you had the piston update on this sled?

I have had plenty of 2011 800 etecs die and not being able to restart them because the piston ring have rotated and catches the exhaust port.

L
Mar 8, 2008
It would normally not happen with those low miles on it but i have had stock sleds with as little as 1500 miles do this.
Engine will turn over fine but with half of the piston ring in the exhaust the engine will not fire.
For some reason the etec will not start if it looses compression on one cylinder. Not saying this is your problem but i would do a compression test.

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Considering the chain of events, more likely an electrical issue. Maybe a service manual would show how to test circuits.
Good Luck.

Premium Features