• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010-2011 M8 which lightweight can

C
Just Installed a MBRP on my 2010 M8

Stock:

StockCan.jpg

MBRP:

MBRPCan.jpg

Very good pics mitchm... MBRP can for my 2010 M8 too!

S

STORMY

Nov 26, 2007
MN
again with the 09 1000 thing, someone said the cat numbers were the same..... if so doesn't that mean cat is using the same can? you would think if the 8 and the 10 flowed that much different the factory would have changed something. just an idea

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
So...what's the deal here? Unfortunately, here in Utah, we haven't been doing any real riding yet. Are these cans ready? Or, do we need to wait for further testing? I would like to see comparative Dynos, but I am more eager to hear about true, mountain testing....same sleds with only difference being the cans! Who has new cans for these sleds?

MBRP
MPS
Cutler (is theirs' ready yet?)
Ultra-Q
Super-Q (is this the same can as above?)

Let's post up the list of cans and all we know about each!? HP gains (if any) weigh loss from stock, and etc.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
So...what's the deal here? Unfortunately, here in Utah, we haven't been doing any real riding yet. Are these cans ready? Or, do we need to wait for further testing? I would like to see comparative Dynos, but I am more eager to hear about true, mountain testing....same sleds with only difference being the cans! Who has new cans for these sleds?

MBRP
MPS
Ultra-Q

Let's post up the list of cans and all we know about each!? HP gains (if any) weigh loss from stock, and etc.

The Ultra-Q is quiter then the Super-Q, it's not much louder from stock from what I understand.

I put the Super-Q on my 2010, the sound is AMAZING (not annoyingly loud and has a very nice rumble and bark when you get on it), build quality and fit were excelent. As far as powergains, I doubt there was any, you really don't gain power with a can, maybe in one spot in the curve. Not sure if I lost any as I never rode it with the stock can butman does this sled rip. I believe it is a 16lbs weight loss, 1lbs less loss over the HPA can but for $150 less I think I can deal with it. My ONLY complaint with the Skinz can is the lack of flange at the dump, it leaves allotof room around it to let snow in.

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007

MBRP
MPS
Ultra-Q

I had my sled in some DEEEP SNOW yesterday. I have a HPS can on. Worked great. NO power loss whatsoever. Feels great. My sled is taching where it should.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I had my sled in some DEEEP SNOW yesterday. I have a HPS can on. Worked great. NO power loss whatsoever. Feels great. My sled is taching where it should.

Thanks man! Good to know! Did you get to ride it with the stock can? I don't expect a power gain from a can, just don't want to lose power. I am looking for weight loss, as that stock thing is a freakin Samsonite! Dale Cutler told me the M1000 can was used on this sled because it gains 6 hp. I don't want to lose that much by shedding weight.

N

newtrout

Oct 1, 2001
Central Washington
Running the Super-Q on my 2010. When ordering, it's a different part number than the M1000, but it's the same can. The box has both #s on it when you get it. A little deceiving, but no complaints with the can. Good sound. Nice build quality. Louder than stock, but not ear splitting. No rpm loss, or noticeable power loss. Only complaint is the outlet, like someone said above. It's smaller than the stock can outlet and doesn't fill the hole. I took a piece of the foil covered foam that I pulled out of the side panels and shaped it to fill the gap.

S

STORMY

Nov 26, 2007
MN
so the other part number on the box I'm assuming is sq-1107c and the m8 number is sq-1111c

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
Does anything know much about Jaws silencer? Or just go with the HPS?

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
here you go..

Here is a short sound clip of my 10 M8 with a Super-Q can out in the snow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb_lwzGFpz0

I like it.

Skinz weighed close to 8 lbs and the suitcase weighed close to 23lbs.

Sorry, I did not get a chance to see if I noticed anything different with the Can or not..snow was hard and windblown very bad, only rode for a couple hours and when you would hit a bump or another guys old track it would throw you off your line.

Premium Features