• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 m8000 won't start

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Take a 9 volt battery and attach a couple wires to it and bump the injector terminals, either side and it will pulse the injector.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
They have a plug in style cap and when you remove it, it will expose 2 terminals. Touch the 2 wire to the terminals and you will here a click noise each time you touch the battery wires to them.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Curious how you get to the injectors. Probably easy but I have never done it. Or, maybe there is a wire somewhere which leads to the injectors that can be pulled.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
The only time I had trouble starting my 2010 M8 was when I ran out of fuel And I guess the trick is to hook a 9v battery to the fuel pump to run it backwards or forward, not sure which or how to connect because I made sure to never run out of fuel again. I do carry a 9v with radio shack battery cap And alligator clips on the wires in case I ever need it, and figured if I had to I may be able to figure it out, ha.

We were able to get it started but I swear it took over 100 pulls of the rope at over 10,000’ and we were just about ready to tow it out when it finally started.

Premium Features