• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009/10 Snowy Range snow conditions

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I agree. It is nice to look back at the progression of conditions as the year went on. Its also nice for people looking into their first trip out west and allows them to see many pictures of the different riding areas.

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
Himark, I have always liked your posts, but I don't agree with your decision to delete the earlier posts.

I paid to have memebership in this forum and I think that it should constitute those of us as paying members having a greater say in what happens around here.

You don't have HCS or any other non-snowmobile forum deleting posts that are this current.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Himark, I have always liked your posts, but I don't agree with your decision to delete the earlier posts.

I paid to have memebership in this forum and I think that it should constitute those of us as paying members having a greater say in what happens around here.

You don't have HCS or any other non-snowmobile forum deleting posts that are this current.

I agree also, what gives???

We are so far from the next season, whats the reason for ditching last season already???

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
I'm not sure that I agree with deleting all the posts on this thread - Is SW short on server space already? We had an entire years worth of pictures and conditions removed - I think it would have been OK to keep it as a reference so that we could compare conditions/pics year over year. We could have "unstickied" this thread and let it float down and created a new 2010/11 snow conditions thread?

My thoughts exactly. Remove the sticky & start a new one each season.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Just do like everyne else and lets get the heLL out of here!!!! Now this is one he can delete, I said hell!

I don't think deleting the thread is a reason to boycott! This is still the best place I have found to gather and talk about all the different regions and areas to ride and there current snow conditions. Living in eastern SD, I have found this site extremely useful as it seems people are more than honest about the snow conditions and always welcome us outsiders to there mountain range!

A big thanks to you locals for that.

As dissapointing as it was to see all the pictures and info deleted here, I suspect that this October, a 2010/2011 thread will get started and we will mostly all forget all about losing the 2009-2010 season before the new one started.

The days start getting shorter this coming week!!! This is the first time in my life I've looked forward to that! And all thanks to the Summit 800 and the BEAUTIFUL Snowy Mountains!!

S

sleddinhusker

Nov 26, 2007
Arnold, NE
apsserver.arnold.k12.ne.us
So you guys are telling me that when u check this thread on "conditions" you go through them all every time? Even in June? Deleted or not im ok with it, which ever way.

Anyway, just got back from a great time up there. We needed a break from the women, kids, and the heat and decided we could all just go out somewhere here and party and get in trouble, or go to the only place the woman allow us. The mountain. They didnt think we would find any snow. We had a great time. It was actually more fun than some Jan times. Creeks and lakes are starting to open up, had to be a bit careful or find the throttle. Parked at Marie the first day, hopped over it to the back side, then off the highway where N comes down. Put on 60 miles on the weekend, not bad for the 20th of June.

So since some old pics are gone, how bout some new. Nothin special.

100_1963.jpg

100_1953.jpg

100_1951.jpg

100_1949.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1945.jpg

10.jpg

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
No kidding, but that's another reason not to read here anymore. The only reason I looked is because I got a funny e-mail and wanted to come check out what I said that was:
"knowingly false and/or defamatory, Anaccurate, Abusive, Vulgar, Hateful, Harassing, Obscene, Profane, Sexually Oriented, Threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

I got the same notice that i posted something offensive. This is exactly why this site will fail. What a bunch of babies. WAAAWAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA!!!

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Hey guys.

I made these snow conditions stickies because you asked for them. Then I caught crap because they didnt address YOUR partical riding area. Then it was because they were to long and no un-paid members could see them... then it was to many areas are covered......I am trying my best to do what you guys want....so,

I had a couple of choices here,

One of which was to just delete the thread in its entirety (but had good content in last pages)

Or,

leave it at 880 posts which are only viewable ONLY by paid members.

Or,

prune the thread down to 1 page since most info was outdated anyway and allow 100% of the members be able to see all your cool pics of late season riding.

Or,

As you said just un-sticky it and let the paid members see it fall to the abyss.

I really dont care what ONE of you want but doo care what most of you want. Im not perfect but want to make the majority of you happy with this site. Im sorry I cant doo that.

-Himark

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Thanks for putting it all back up Himark. It'll at least let me re-live the sledding season while there is no snow to be found!! :)

For the rest of you, if you go look at your notice again, you'll see that the reason it was deleted can also be "dated". As in old info.

I do like being able to go back and see all the posts though, even if it does take a long time. How about you just delete all posts w/o pics next time around? That way if you have a good post, you HAVE to put up pics to keep it around... Me likey pictures!! :)
Chris

BTW, I'm moving form MI to Longmont, CO in one month. Next winter, I'm riding the Snowies A LOT!!!! Yes yes yessssss!!

Premium Features