• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009/10 Snowy Range snow conditions

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
SLIDE ON SUNDAYAT SEVEN FOOLS GULTCH

.jhttp://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106749&stc=1&d=1274327287pg (104.1 KB)

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Well, we just got back from the snowies. Rode most of the day yesterday!
Still lots of snow up there.

They were saying that they might not get the rode open for Memorial Day!!!!

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
Just got back from the snowies last night. We rode friday, satuday, and sunday morning, we drove from minnesota and it was well worth our trip. Unbelievable amounts of snow up there, the road crew just got to libby flats with removing the snow, they have about 6 miles of road to clear and it didn't sound good for having it open by memorial day. The snow is very heavy by mid day but still lots of fun to play in, they were talking they might get more snow today. All in all we had an absolue blast for riding at the end of may, talked to some local guys who said that they will probably riding until july, said it is the most snow they have seen at this time of year. I am trying to get some pics up, hopefully real soon.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Here are some pics my parents took west of Rob Roy on Sunday - I'm done riding for the year, but they said there is plenty of snow up there.

xx100_0759 - Copy.JPG xx100_0763 - Copy.JPG

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Okay, so I learn a little about Snotel recently. I'm poking around and North French Creek is reporting 90" of snow still. I know it's wet and heavy, but can a guy ride in that area?

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Yep, you can still ride, plenty of snow-alot actually. We rode out of Greenrock on Fri---no problem. WyDot opened the road Sat morn,so we drove the Redheads jeep over to Chains End. The drifts they had to blow through were way taller than the top of the jeep.

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
Snowy Range

Rhode yesterday around the warming hut area it was awesome , little fast coming down hill . Lakes are still frozen and no new snow , had a balst go anywhere snow!:face-icon-small-hap

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Okay, when I was there a week and a half ago, we went up to the baracade just above the Snowy Mountain Lodge. We unloaded there and road out to the north and west. Is that anywere near the North French Creek?

These pictures show were we ultimately ended up riding. We worked our way around the east or south side and climbed up above.

Does anyone know of a online map that shows the riding areas?

100_1613.jpg 100_1621.jpg

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
Good pics but not french creek . French creek is on a trail map , pretty vast area -should have someone show you this area to be safe. Shout at me next season I'll give you a tour of what I know ! FYI 7 fools is part of French creek.:face-icon-small-coo

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Okay, I found a trail map online. I was able to find South French Creek, but no North French Creek.
Can anyone say were the North French Creek area is? We are going to make the trip one more time if the snotel keeps the the depth at 48" next week.
Right now its 84" so we might get lucky. Love to have a June trip even if the snow is wet at 7 AM....

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
So with a little more poking around, it looks like North french creek is close the the Rendezvous Lodge. Just a little south maybe?

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
OK

FROM GREENROCK GO TO LAKE MARIE AND TO THE LEFT IS FRENCH CREEK -INDIRECTLY SPEAKING. THE DRAINAGE SOUTH OF LIBBY FLATS IS THE GENERAL AREA. GOOD LUCK DROPIN IN .:face-icon-small-coo

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
my response

JOKERMAN, that tour is now at 10 cents , been loosing too many riders.:devil:

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I'm not sure that I agree with deleting all the posts on this thread - Is SW short on server space already? We had an entire years worth of pictures and conditions removed - I think it would have been OK to keep it as a reference so that we could compare conditions/pics year over year. We could have "unstickied" this thread and let it float down and created a new 2010/11 snow conditions thread?

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
I'm not sure that I agree with deleting all the posts on this thread - Is SW short on server space already? We had an entire years worth of pictures and conditions removed - I think it would have been OK to keep it as a reference so that we could compare conditions/pics year over year. We could have "unstickied" this thread and let it float down and created a new 2010/11 snow conditions thread?

No kidding, but that's another reason not to read here anymore. The only reason I looked is because I got a funny e-mail and wanted to come check out what I said that was:
"knowingly false and/or defamatory, Anaccurate, Abusive, Vulgar, Hateful, Harassing, Obscene, Profane, Sexually Oriented, Threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

Premium Features