• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009/10 Snowy Range snow conditions

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
How many times to you see people riding right around the Snowy Range Lodge where they close the road off unless they're from Minnesota?? There's never alot of snow right there unless we just got a huge dump!!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
There alot of ppl usually riding over Thanksgiving time up there?

Not many. I've been out there for 3 or 4 turkey day rides. conditions vary, sometimes you have to be carefull but its better then sitting at home :) P.S. The deepest powder I have every seen in the snowies was the saturday of thanksgiving weekend a few years back. 5-6ft of powder, it was crazy! Eric

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Not many. I've been out there for 3 or 4 turkey day rides. conditions vary, sometimes you have to be carefull but its better then sitting at home :) P.S. The deepest powder I have every seen in the snowies was the saturday of thanksgiving weekend a few years back. 5-6ft of powder, it was crazy! Eric

That was the trip that made me REALLY like the snow bungee.
Hope to have a year like that again.

S

sprinter

Oct 1, 2009
Central IA
Well I hope this Thanksgiving will be a good one..really banking on good snow cuz I would like to head west and ride a whole bunch rather than head south and eat too much..

G
Nov 6, 2008
I went for a quick ride yesterday. At the gate where the road is shut there wasn't much snow. I followed the highway all the way back to lake marie. Could climb on the right side of lake marie hill and was pretty good snow at the bottom of it. The left side still has lots of rocks showing. Followed the highway around the back side of marie and the snow was pretty good. I'd say 8-10 inches of powder. Was a lot of fun and probably about like the snow of the saturday after thanksgiving last year.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Oct 26 forecast

Snotel is showing 27" depth for French Creek.
NWS is saying another 21-33" additional over the next 36 hours (11,500' forecast)..................

Tuesday: Scattered snow showers after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 17 by 5pm. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north northwest. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tuesday Night: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Low around 3. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow and areas of blowing snow. High near 11. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow likely and widespread blowing snow before midnight, then snow and widespread blowing snow after midnight. Low around 3. North northeast wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Thursday: Widespread blowing snow and a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 16. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Nice Brown Permits

The new 2010 permits are at the county court house now. I purchased mine today, they are a dark brown color this year.

C
Dec 26, 2008
Can any locals tell me what they think the riding will be like this weeked?? Do you think it is worth the drive from NE Nebraska (9hrs). Thinking of riding Sat and 1/2 day Sunday this weekend. Looks like it would be good just wondering about rocks and such. Please let me know what you think, I need to talk my buddys into going. This would be the earliest we have been out west by far.

thanks,
CFS

Premium Features