• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 Yamaha Viper Error Code - HELP PLEASE

T

tomassend

Nov 2, 2010
PNW
SO I have a 2003 Yamaha Mtn viper which is completely rebuilt. Things runs like a champ......but I do find it throws an intermittent error code once in a while. Still in the break in period of the machine so trying to dial it in.

The gauge throws the warning light but then it goes away. So normally when there is a warning the light displays a particular sequence (showing the type of warning) then pauses, then repeats that warning light blinking sequence.

However, this one blinks once, then does not repeat. Sometimes it goes when you provide throttle (rare)......sometimes it goes when you let off the throttle. Both situations are equally rare.

Since the code shows up randomly and does not repeat I have it down to 2 possible errors.

1) Throttle Override System (TORS)
2) Power Valve System (YPS)

However, could I rule out #2?......if it was a power valve issue it would most certainly repeat wouldn't it? Sending the error code especially during all increases in acceleration? I have those valves and cylinders spotless clean so there is no carbon clogging going on in there.

Any help is appreicated

Premium Features