• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled won’t rev past 6800rpm

J
Nov 25, 2019
Snow around here is crap so I decided to go for a really easy ride and get the wife back on a sled after a few yrs.
While coming up to a switch back in the road she slowed down to get past the tip of a tree that was leaning over most of the road. Due to the sugar snow with a slight crust on top she needed to give it a little gas, when she tried to go the sled didn’t sound right. It sounded like it was idling fine but it wouldn’t get full rpm and sounded like it was running on 1 cylinder. I pulled plugs and everything looked ok but one plug looked a little worse than the other. I swapped plugs but nothing changed so we slowly made our 16km journey back to the truck.
A few days later I started to look the sled over and found that the outer sheath on the ev cable was damaged so I assumed the valves weren’t operating properly. Today I finally got around to tearing the valves out to change the ev cable and found this……FE608594-E2B5-4CE0-B8C4-7FFD344FF8CC.jpeg
Anyone else have a guillotine valve break like this?

Premium Features