• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 pro rebuild

R
Nov 21, 2018
Hey all. Looking for answers and advise for my 2015 pro RMK. I was right at 1500 miles at the end of last season and i had been having problems with low idle, kinda boggy and would have to give throttle to start after warm and sometimes to keep running when cold. I though maybe a reed so ordered new pistons and v force 3 reeds. started the machine and pulled drove in garage for overhaul. Replaced reeds and pistons ( all original equipment looked good ) and tried to start machine. would pop and backfire but not run with out holding throttle. I adjusted TPS ( not to spec just moved it till it ran on its own ) and it idles nice but bogs and wont pull itself on flat ground. Set TPS to factory settings and back where i started. Any ideas? Compression same on both sides, Im not sure what to do next. Thanks

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
Almost sounds like a fueling issue. If it's only running one cylinder, likely an injector problem. If running both cylinders, likely a plugged filter or bad fuel pressure.

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
You cant run V force 3 reeds with out a fuel controller. They are too stiff and will make it run supper rich. I would go back to stock reeds and then adjust your TPS and see if that fixes your issues.

Premium Features