• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12 volt access?

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Where can i plug a 12 volt power supply into my harness so i can read my dash display without starting sled. 2014 pro with electric start. I assume the es system is independent of the running system. THX.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
There is a square solenoid plugged in to the harness and taped to the top over structure under the hood. You can pull that solenoid out and apply 12 volts to the wires and power up the MFD.

sled_guy

I
Jan 12, 2009
There is a square solenoid plugged in to the harness and taped to the top over structure under the hood. You can pull that solenoid out and apply 12 volts to the wires and power up the MFD.

sled_guy

Will that make the display come on when the key is in the on position then turn off when the key is off? Is there a haness to buy in place of the solenoid that goes to the battery?

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks Sledguy,but for the life of me I am unable to find the solenoid of which you speak.The only solenoid I can find is the one controlling the exhaust valves. Could you point me to the exact spot. Appreciate the help!

Premium Features