• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 rmk vs pro

K
Dec 6, 2014
ND
I have been out twice with my 10 rmk, I am a beginner and live many hours from the mountains. My question is, has anyone noticed a huge improvement moving up to the pro for one or 2 trips a year or stay with my current rmk. I am not worried about the mechanical side of which to get, mainly handling and working for me.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ummm

Yeah.

I had a 10 dragon with 500 miles and i rode a pro......
Game over.
Sold the dragon at a huge loss with no regrets.
Don't try unless you want to buy.

C
Dec 24, 2014
The Pro is a MUCH better sled. For one or two trips a year I would have a '10-11 M8 Cat. MUCH better sled than the '10 RMK and much less money than a '13-15 Pro, which are the only ones I would consider. The Cat is going to be much more forgiving for a beginner, and much more durable than either Polaris.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Lot better chassis handling lighter etc.

Worth the expense for a couple rides a year idk... depends on how much disposable income ya got

K
Dec 6, 2014
ND
Thanks for all the input. I am kinda at the point if I sell mine and can upgrade with a good deal I will, if I don't that's fine to. Nothing wrong with mine, just looking for a better option of there is one.

vwsprite

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2008
mazama, wa
i was in the same boat as you, 09 dragon, built the thing up myself, nicer shocks, higher horsepower motor... yaddah yaddah
thought well maybe next year :face-icon-small-dis
then found a killer deal on a hold over 2014 RMK
have not looked at the dragon again, it's sitting out in the weeds, will probably be cannibalized and sold off
pro ride chassis is WAY different! i don't feel beat up, and i don't need an extra fuel tank for a full day, adding ponies means added weight of more fuel, not something you think about when looking at cool go fast stuff
no polaris's are not the most fuel efficeint, but start adding twin pipes and big bores! the stocker sips the juice!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks for all the input. I am kinda at the point if I sell mine and can upgrade with a good deal I will, if I don't that's fine to. Nothing wrong with mine, just looking for a better option of there is one.

I disagree...the CFI4's were and will always be ticking time bombs. You'll never know when they will explode, but one thing's for certain, it WILL explode, most likely at an inopportune moment/circumstance. Upgrade to the Pro now, while your '10 RMK is still functional. Wait too long and the inevitable upgrade will be much more costly. My $0.02 from experience with a '10 CFI4....

Premium Features