• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 Non Sno Pro vs 09 M8 LE need advice!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Just sharing my experiences with hopes of saving someone else the trouble of fixing something twice.

Last post was specific to the wildchild plate. That is a different horse which, was still alive till now.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

H

heathkiks

May 4, 2008
Bozeman
Wow, I have rode my 08 M8 hard (and i mean hard) and put away wet for over 4k miles. Half in MT, the other in the bush of AK, never had that issue

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Congratulations on your new sled. it must be the urban camo looking one if it's the LE?

I have an 09 Sno Pro and there were a few mods that were better than the others.

I added SLP Power Pro skis and they work great but, I would try the Mohawks if were buying skis now.

I added the Cat full coverage skid plate. Yes it adds a bit of weight but, based on the deep gouges directly under my clutches, it has paid for itself several times already.

I did EGT gauges but don;t waste your time. I quit looking at them when they said 1350+ degrees and I still drove the sled home. I thought I was going home on the end of a rope.....

I added after market running boards but, I can't remember the brand. The stock ones really pile the snow up right where your feet go while standing.

One of the best additions was the 2.6' Power Claw. A night and day difference.

I have a AMP bar riser that works well.

I have a 2011 seat and like the extra storage but, it is a bit tall for climbing back and forth over the seat.

MDS clutch weights REALLY woke my sled up. It was kind of a pain to get them dialed in but now it's an animal.

Oh I forgot to mention, I have the SLP stage III kit on my sled which may help contribute to the comment above.

07 spindles....I added 07 spindles and it took my tough to steer 09 and gave it power steering. This is a very good mod.

The GEO mod.....this simple mod transformed how my sled works in the deep stuff. Do a search and do the mod and you will love it. The best part is it's completely reversible if you decide you don't like it.

Gauge lifter - lifts your speedo to let underhood heat out. This vent along with shock tower and side panel vents will keep things nice and cool.

I'm sure there are plenty more but, that's enough to get you started. Best of luck with you awesome new sled.

Premium Features