• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Dragon 800 with a powerband??

S

Snow Junkie

Mar 9, 2009
I just bought a 09 dragon 800 with about 750 miles on the fully rebuilt engine and a new team clutch. I have only been able to get out and ride once since I picked it up. When I was out riding I noticed that when i got into the 6000-8000 rpm range it would just take off, it felt like it hit a powerband. I am hoping this is just a clutching thing but either way I would like to get it addressed this summer so I am good to go when the all mighty white stuff starts falling next winter.

I am just throwing this out there to see if anyone has had this happen with their sled.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Last edited:
R

rbanan

Mar 7, 2009
Sweden
What is your problem? Don't relly see an issue here. The maxium power is 8250+ and the peak torqe around 7800-7900?

And yeah the polaris engine is quite snappy when hitting above 6000 rpm.

S

Snow Junkie

Mar 9, 2009
I have ridden enough snowmobiles to know that this sudden jump in power or pull at ~6000 rpms is not normal. I recently spoke to the previous owner and he said that he had also noticed the "powerband" feel for the last 4 rides or so before he sold it.

I think I have decided that it is mostly likely that the new clutch (700 Miles) needs to be cleaned and/or re-setup.

The "problem" is that I suspect I actually am missing some power when in the lower rpms and when I get to the higher rpms and feel the "powerband", it is how it normally should feel.

Make sense?

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
Sounds like its just a clutching issue. My 09 dragon 800 doesnt have this issue. Pull off the primary and see what weights and spring you have and get the correct stuff in it

Premium Features