• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 RMK tank on 05 IQR- HELP

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Has anyone converted the rmk tank (has fuel pump) to run on a non EFI sled? I have a 05 IQR VES 800 and i have a 08 RMK tank coming in and i need some ideas.

First off, there is going to be a big hole in the front of the tank from where the fuel pump was and then i have to purchase all new fittings and make a line pull from the bottom of thank with a filter...Then i have to mount it.

What is the best way to seal the hole off? I was thinking an aluminum plate, a few stainless steal rivets, and ALOT of Right Stuff. :confused:

wyorider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
tank

why dot you use a iqr big tank like off the 600 RR

buddy has one for a $150 in ogden

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Because i have a brand new boss seat for the tank and i want more fuel. I am trading a IQR big tank for it. 11 gallons is a lot better than 8.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
The 08 to current fuel tanks have the fuel sending unit that goes in from the top of the tank that secures with a large threaded retainer unlike the 07 RMK tank that I have on my IQR that has a bolt on flange from the front of the tank.

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
lol so do i! And my sleds at the shop now getting some work done but when i get it back we can swap

S
Well here's a couple pics, and yes, the fuel pump opening has threads for a screw-on type cap.

IMGP0080.jpg

IMGP0083.jpg

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Thanks a lot chance! If it is alright with you, can we do the swap after the new year? I don't have my sled back yet and i still have to install my ez-ryde, hood, new plastics, ves valves, brad's billet carb boots :D, dial-a-jets, and tunnel extension. So i don't want to add anything to the list because i have some friends coming up to ride from back east and i can't afford to rent a sled.

So can we do the swap the second Friday, sat, or sun of the new year? Thanks a lot and if you want you have my cell#. Hell if you want you can come up to Cooke and ride with us. We will also be spending a night or two over in the crazies.

My friend aj might go and he has a 440 IQR as well so feel free to join us and bring friends.

S
That might work Brad, i'm going to vegas that whole week...the 4th thru 7th so I dunno if i'll be back to Bozeman yet, but i'll call you sometime and we'll talk. Depending on when you're gonna do all those swaps, i'd probably be able to lend you a hand, (especially if a ski swap is in order) haha...lemme know

Premium Features