• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07D7 RMK saggy back

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Hi.
I feel like the rear end on my RMK is sagging while riding, and I've heard there is a "fix" for this by either changing the springs or the shock.
Any experience with this?

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
stiffer torsion spring i think its called a 205 or something but it works a lot better i went from the stiffest setting on stock to the softest on the new spring

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I put the next heavier sized torsion springs on mine because of my size and weight 6'3" 225#. Remember, suspension is supposed to have some sag to make full use of travel. I changed mine out to 3.75's Polaris part #'s 7041942-067 and 7041943-067 and set them to the medium setting. Some guys have put the 4.05's (77 degree) on (made for short track sleds I think), but they are not made for the RMK skid and may rub. If you set up your rear suspension to stiff it will have a bucking effect...but look cool I guess???

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I put the next heavier sized torsion springs on mine because of my size and weight 6'3" 225#. Remember, suspension is supposed to have some sag to make full use of travel. I changed mine out to 3.75's Polaris part #'s 7041942-067 and 7041943-067 and set them to the medium setting. Some guys have put the 4.05's (77 degree) on (made for short track sleds I think), but they are not made for the RMK skid and may rub. If you set up your rear suspension to stiff it will have a bucking effect...but look cool I guess???

I am about the same size as you...are those torsion springs working good for you? I wonder if it will fit on the 900 skid....?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
When was the last time you had your shocks serviced? I'd say get them done every 1000 miles.... For the walker Air shocks... have them charged every season IMO.

Has it been sagging since you bought the sled?

What do you weigh with gear on and what are you packing onto your sled?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
jefraune-the 3.75 springs are working good for me. I would think they also fit the 900 skid.

wasatchrider-the 405's will fit and the ride will depend on the preload setting you use...but are you sure which springs you really have? I'm not arguing about what fits or how they work, it's just that some folks think the tunnel needs to be sitting way up in the air no matter how the suspension is working.

Right on mountainhorse, servicing your shocks and greasing your suspension keeps everything working as it is designed to. Our owners manual explains how much sag you should have.

Gotta love opinions huh stem?

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
mountainhorse: I had them served before last season(08-09) and yes it sagged from the first day.

I'm about 264# fully geard up and 6'6" so I tend to sit wery far back on the sled just to make my feet fit:)

I do not pack anything on the sled before riding, I carry all I need in a back pack(alsow added in the wheigt)

Thanks for the feedback on the springs, I'll se what I can do to get my hands on a set.

Premium Features