• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Dragon Frying ECUs

S
Mar 10, 2015
Southern, NH
Below is the background on issues, on my Third ECU:

Last season hit a stone wall on the PTO side taking out the A-Arm, limped home and got into the garage and the ECU burnt up. Replaced the A-Arm and ECU, started the sled ECU began getting warm and was idling off so killed the sled. Took it to the dealer and the recommended replacement of and stator, didn't make sense to me since the reason seemed to be related to hitting the wall but they said all connections and wires looked good. Took it out and ran for 30 miles perfect and smoked the new ECU. Took it back they tested everything again put in a new VR and new ECU got the sled home and started it my hand on the ECU felt it getting warm and killed it. Unplugged the three small orange wires and the sled ran fine for a week, now the gauges are dimming in and out. Not many dealers around my area I trust and I am coaming wires. Could this be a relay issue. Any help is welcome, sick of throwing cash at this issue.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I would be inclined to think you have a grounding issue caused by the crash. Get your ohm meter out and ensure the engine to ECU to chassis ground are all 0 ohms. It is hard to say what the dealer means by "all connections and wires looked good".

You could add ground wires too as per this thread.http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243895

Dimming lights could be chassis relay malfunction. See this thread under the sticky "increasing your IQ"http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73220

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Did the Little Rubber Mounts Under the ECm Holding the plate up.. Break?

I'd also be looking closely at the Pins.. on the wire plug going to the ECM.. You can take off the Orange little plug and see the terminals.

Id also.. Put a Updated Brand New Polaris VR.. and Capacitor in. so that you don't blow another ecu..

S
Mar 10, 2015
Southern, NH
The lights dim at lower RPMs and get brighter near top end. The gauge began dying at top end now does it throughout the RPM range. Has new VR and capacitor checks out fine. I am going to look more at the ground tonight. Is there another ground to be concerned with besides the ground going from the electrical mounting shroud to the side panel? Thank you again!

S
Mar 10, 2015
Southern, NH
idle 1750-2250 RPM at start then will slow to 1750-2000 RPM or so after idling for a about 5-10 seconds. Idle is smooth and lights and gauges are on. The lights will get brighter at 5000-8400 and the gauge will die out in that range as well. Thanks again

Premium Features